Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fairwell

  • Elaine

  • Last night I was both shocked and saddened to read that my dear blogging friend, Elaine... from across the pond (Scotland), from "Old Age is a Bitch"had passed away this week. I missed seeing her coming here for a visit but had been preoccupied with my concerns and have been remiss in blogging as I used to. Then I visited her blog and recently read that she hadn't been feeling well and left a comment for her. She was home from the hospital at that point. I am still not sure what was wrong.
  • She was a lovely woman, a retired nurse who had a delightful blog always had a kind, insightful comment or post and she had a fabulous sense of humor. I also enjoyed her appreciation for the little day to day activities she shared with us as well as her recipes.

    And I loved that she was never put off by my zanier posts and was right in there with a comment.

    I'll miss you Elaine. It was a pleasure to have met you.

    3 comments:

    MedFriendly said...

    Hi there. Sorry about your blogging friend.

    On a happier note, I wanted to let you know that the medFriendly blog is up and running again but more importantly, I have another exciting announcement. If you could join and pass onto your friends, I would appreciate it...

    I am happy to announce that just a few days ago, I unveiled the world's largest medical message board.



    The message board can be accessed here:



    http://forums.medfriendly.com/



    Registration is free and easy. My goal is to develop a broad community of users who interact to ask questions and disseminate information. The organization of the site allows for easy archiving and retrieval of information. You can even personalize your profile with a profile picture and an avatar (an image you may like that identifies you on the site) which helps build a sense of community.



    In just a few days, the board has over 100 members and postings have begun. I will be promoting the message board through various media outlets throughout the year so membership continues to grow. I hope you will also join and pass this along to friends, colleagues, and family. It is a site meant for everyone.

    Sage said...

    Sorry you had to find out that way, I was going to send you a message but somehow never found the time... Elaine will be missed on many fronts, and in many blogs.. I know she enjoyed yours very much.

    SeaSpray said...

    Hi Medfriendly! Thank you..it is sad to lose a friend..even our blogging friends. :(

    I look forward to checking it out when I can (sounds interesting), will be happy to promote it.

    Thank you for the invite!

    Hi Sage - Thank you Sage. Yes she will be missed very much.

    Oh that is alright. I wouldn't expect you to. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

    i THINK WE BLOGGERS THAT FOLLOW EACH OTHER BECOME KIND OF A CYBER FAMILY...THOSE OF US THAT COMMUNICATE BACK AND FORTH... Sorry caps..not intended.

    Take care Sage. :)