Sunday, June 21, 2009

Anyone can be a father...

See full size image

"Anyone can be a father... but it tales a special person to be a DAD." ~unknown ~

Happy Father's Day to all the special men out there! :)

I love that picture!

Men with children... so moving.

Those strong hands supporting that little child...also remind me of the ultimate father..the father of us all... our heavenly father who loves us and wants us to look to him for all things.

My friend Pat once told me that if you want to know how loving and forgiving God is... look at yourself as a parent. She said that you don't stop loving your children because they do something wrong. She said your love for them is unconditional.

Pat went on to say... how much more does our heavenly father love us...unconditionally? He is the ultimate parent and the only perfect parent. We may stray from him... but he is there ..waiting with outreached hands to support and guide and love us throughout our lives.

Having pretty much grown up without my father in my life... feeling the sting of his rejection and his giving up on seeing me or sending support... I have to say...Pat's analogy of the ultimate Father... who loves us more perfectly than any human being could... is most comforting and heartwarming.

I am actually so used to not having my father in my life... that I didn't even think of him until someone I was playing scrabble on line with last night asked me what I was getting my father. I thought about father's day on and off all day... plans and presents and never once thought of my father until that moment when she asked that question.

I guess that's a good thing.. but kind of sad. I'm just glad our sons have their dad in their lives... and that cycle is broken. He loves them so very much and it warms my heart to see that... a father's love for his children.

2 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Good men make good fathers. They deserve to be praised and acknowledged on their special day. Nice post.

SeaSpray said...

Yes they do. Thanks Angel!