Sunday, June 28, 2009

No News IS Good News!



I just want to say I have not subjected myself to any news from any media source since Friday night. Hence... because I have not seen or read any negative bit of news... it feels great!

I know I can't stay in my little self created protective bubble forever... but it feels great for the weekend. Still..some personal news came to my attention that I am perplexed about... so the bubble isn't impenetrable.

Never the less..it is a relief not to hear all the woes of the world for a few days.

Is that selfish of me?

8 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

No, that's healthy. We have too much coming at us from the information highway these days. It's great to shut it off, and find peace.

Sweeti said...

Nope, it's self preservation. I'm in the same mode.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hapi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SeaSpray said...

Hi Chrysalis and Sweeti - Thanks for the validation. It really is more peaceful without being bombarded with all the negative news.

Of course I'm back to watching.. but will take more breaks from it. :)

Rositta said...

We just came home fro 5 days at at our remote cabin in the bush. I canceled the satelite dish last year so there was no tv. No newspapers either. Just the occasional local news on radio. It was wonderful. Of course now that I'm back the news is back on, sadly...ciao

SeaSpray said...

Hi Rositta -that sounds wonderful! I would have blog withdrawal but that is not such a bad thing. It is the only thing that I probably overdo. I rarely use my cell. Some people are constantly using their electronics and they're fun... but when I am out or with people... I don't want to be interrupted... I am interested in being with them or doing whatever.

It's nice you have a place to get away to. :)