Saturday, July 25, 2009

An Emergency Doc's Singing Debut :)



I just had to put this song up.... written and sung by none other than one of my favorite blogging docs... Dr WhiteCoat from WhiteCoat's call Room where he writes for Emergency Physicians Monthly.

MedblogAddict interviewed him (good job!) as the Dr June Calendar Doc and you can read the interview here and here the song over there too.

WC often cracks me up and this song makes me laugh every time I hear it... and then it gets stuck in my head... the filler music..not sure how you spell it though which his rendition of a human banjo. The pain meds part must be the universal mantra of ED staff everywhere. :)

I also find the image of him singing this and calling himself (to remember the lyrics) repeatedly while driving to work to be quite amusing.

Hey... maybe this could be the beginning of a trend for a Medbloggers Have Talent contest and everyone could take turns competing with their talents put up on YouTube... for prizes, recognition and maybe even the prestigious Golden Llama Award... which is given out by Dr Rob over at Musings of a Distractible Mind. :) (It would be fun:)

And now it is gonna take a while to get the song out of my head again... but that's okay... because I smile every time I hear it. :)

8 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Funny as heck listening to him from Youtube. (Thanks for putting this up on your site.) His singing brought my puppy into the room, and right up to the computer. Pup tilts his head left, than right, ears raised. It was so cute. Fireguy is following pup over saying, "What the heck is that?" Lol, Loved WC.

Chrysalis Angel said...

ps Fireguy like it too.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Angel- I laughed out loud at the puppy tilting his head trying to figure it out.

If fire guy and puppy votes count... I guess WC shouldn't quit his day job. ;)

Yeah... it's funny. Wouldn't he be great to work with? :)

It's a catchy tune too and always gets stuck in my brain for a while. :)

SeaSpray said...

P.s. I loved the dancing wedding party, bride and groom that WC put up. Even showed younger son who didn't want to but then he stayed and watched too because it was fun to watch. Wanted to dance with them! :)

SeaSpray said...

*I* wanted to dance with them..not younger son..well maybe he did.. how could you not? :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

Yes, the wedding video has been a huge thing across the web. Now that's a way to start out!

Glad you liked hearing about the puppies reaction. It was so cute. If I had thought quick enough, I would have video taped it with WC's YouTube showing on the screen. That would have been funny. He looks like the puppy on the commercials that are out there. Adorable. He's so sweet too. He's been fun to have around.

SeaSpray said...

How old is he now?

Labs are great dogs! :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

4 months now.