Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday America!

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/images/uc06330.jpg

I hope everyone is enjoying their July 4th weekend! Even if you're working...I hope it's still a good day for you.

I've sure done my share of working Holidays... and may be again... if I end up working in a hospital.

There was always a certain camaraderie with the other co-workers because we were all in it together. You just make the best of it and often times people bring food in for the holiday.

Of course..the ED tends to be crazy on the warmer holidays because everyone is out and about... but then the shift just goes faster...although not fast enough on the worst ones.

We had a fun July 4th. We went to a family barbecue and it was so nice to see all the relatives (my husband's family)...aunts, uncles and cousins with some friends in the mix. The ones who were kids when J and I began dating... now have their own kids... as does our older son and d-i-l. (time flies by) And our newest addition to the family... lovely Wrenna got to meet more of her family. Of course my m-i-l and her sisters took turns holding her and I had my turn too. The little girls... Devan and Ashley... both 8 years old .... came over to her too. So sweet. :) And as with all barbecues... there was so much food...good food and good company.

A good time was had by all. :)

2 comments:

John McElveen said...

Congrats on a great time honored tradition. Family is especially hard to come by theses days!

Glad you had a good time Sea!

J

SeaSpray said...

Thanks John.

I hope you are doing well. I know you must miss your dad.