Thursday, December 10, 2009

Think of It As GRILLED! :)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3L4V5RgnXCc/Si_PZbStOmI/AAAAAAAAA_g/tIzmMrfdoDc/s320/PICT0309.JPG

See ..the really IS grilled cabbage!

The other night I had this craving for cooked cabbage. So I decided to make that as the vegetable to go along with the rest of our dinner.

I was sauteing it in a little olive oil, salt and pepper and added some water to steam as well. then I came in here to blog write the last post.

The next thing I knew... Mr SeaSpray asked me if the cabbage was burning. Now my senses told me that might be the case but I said "Nooo..it's not burning."

I jumped up from the computer, hurried into the kitchen... feeling really bummed that this cabbage I so very much craved ..might very well be burning and even though only on bottom ..it would affect the overall taste. So I quickly added some cold water to loosen everything and I didn't stir it, but placed the lesser well done cabbage directly into a bowl. Added some smart balance and mixed it into the cabbage.

In reality ..the cabbage was dark brown at bottom of pan and then there were some charred pieces here and there... but not bad.

So when Mr SeaSpray and son came in ..I enthusiastically said the cabbage isn't burned ..just grilled! Think of it as grilled cabbage. :)

Charred in some places ..that is like grilled right?

They didn't complain and I let them have the best and took what grilled cabbage was left in the bottom of the pot. It really did have a kind of grilled taste.

I told them I was surprised the water cooked down so fast..but a more accurate statement would've been to say.. I didn't realize I was blogging so long... like go into another world blogging so long ..long. :)

4 comments:

StorytellERdoc said...

I think blogging too long far outweighs eating cabbage anyday! In fact, if you had been cooking that cabbage for me, I would have been happy you were blogging too long! LOL

Getting the christmas tree with Mr. SeaSpray was a great post! Christmas Spirit all around the both of you!

Stay warm!

SeaSpray said...

Ha Ha!Funny StorytellERdoc!We love cabbage, but I hardly think to cook it. Weirdest craving,I just HAD to have it! :)

Thanks - You too! :)

Dreaming again said...

when we fry or bake cabbage, it's not done until there is some well charred parts.

(I bake it to keep from standing over the stove while frying it, that's exhausting. Put in a well oiled or buttered pyrex dish and it gets nice and toasty all around. Put in a baking dish that's not clear and only the top gets toasty)

my kids love cabbage in any way shape or form ... boiled, steamed, fried, baked, cabbage rolls, raw, coleslaw ... you name it, they like it. A HUGE head of cabbage yeilds ZERO left overs for this family of 4.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Dreaming - that sounds like a great way to cook cabbage! I will try it. :)

Mmmm we LOVE cabbage rolls. :)