Monday, December 21, 2009

Up ..Up and Away! :)

http://www.squashed-tomato.co.uk/images/product/Woodmansterne_sleigh_christmas_cards.jpg

Last week I got a really funny Christmas card from a friend who works in a photo studio. Every year I look forward to her Christmas cards because they are usually these gorgeous pictures of her two now adult girls on beautiful sets and sometimes she is in the picture too.. also a pretty lady. :)

The photographer is excellent and quite creative. People come up from Manhattan to her studio for pictures of their children/family. One of my favorite pictures of my granddaughter was taken by this photographer during Easter with a live bunny and a beautiful set.

Anyway.. I opened this Christmas card as I was walking back toward our house. When I saw it I just busted out laughing because it was so apropos knowing my friend's fabulous sense of humor. And the set was quite creative.

My friend's two adult daughters are driving the sled ..holding on to the reigns. You can see the back end of the reindeer. They are lifting off and are contrasted by the beautiful night sky, mountains and the house with Christmas lights and decorated tree below.

What makes this picture hilarious is my friend holding on to the sled, with her mouth wide open (side view) and legs dragging behind as she is lifting up into the night sky with them. My friend has the best sense of humor and is like "Lucy". :)

I wish I could show you!

So..even though I knew she was working, I decided to leave her a message right then because I knew she'd enjoy hearing it when she got home. I was laughing about her card and telling her how much I loved it and kudos to her boss for her creativity, etc. .. although it turns out D. (my friend) had the idea, called it "Up...Up and Away" and the graphic artist enhanced it.

But then in the same breath I said.. "I know this is your busy time of year with the studio ..but when things settle down..we need to get together and talk about our dead mothers." And then I got a little weepy and then laughed at the absurdity of the call... which made me laugh harder... which I know would've caused her to laugh. I think they have medication for that? ;)

Gee talk about a cheerful little earful!

I knew that the instant she heard the invite to get together so we could talk about our dead mothers ...she would crack up. Ha ha! And she did. Then she told me she "penciled that right into her agenda! Only YOU!" :)

So ..we will get together after the holidays to catch up on our lives with each other, play scrabble and to talk about our mothers. :)

I hope this didn't seem disrespectful because obviously I loved my mother.

She was always so good to my mother and with her usual zany humor.. would cause my mom to laugh heartily.

We are good friends that never get to see each other anymore. She used to live next door but now is a few towns away and works in another area. But..when we connect.. we pick up just like we saw each other 5 minutes ago. And let me tell you..we have shared some good laughs even during some of our more challenging times in life. We both have personalities that can see humor in most things and sometimes life is just so absurd ..you have to laugh.

6 comments:

StorytellERdoc said...

Mrs. Seaspray

Your post and writing was fantastic. What a great friend you have in your photographer friend. She sounds so much like a person you want to hang with, laugh with, and walk through life with. Glad you found that.

Enjoy your week!

SeaSpray said...

Hi Jim - You are exactly right about my friend. me too. Now if only we got together more. :)

Thank you about the post and my writing.

You too. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas. :)

bathmate said...

nice posting. very good work. thank you. :)

bathmate

hxr said...

ugg
uggs
ugg boots shoes
ugg boots
ugg shoes
ugg boots on sale
uggs outlet
Classic Ugg Boots
ugg sandals
wholesale Ugg Boots
wholesale uggs
Fashion Ugg boots
cheap ugg shoes
Buy Uggs Online
Women Ugg Boots
Ugg Boots Onsale
Ugg Classic Cardy
Discount Ugg Boots
Australia Ugg Boots
Bailey Button UGG Boots
Classic Cardy Ugg Boots
Mini Ugg Boots
Classic Short Ugg Boots
Ugg Classic Tall
Infant Erin Ugg Boots

Classic Tall Ugg Boots
Baby Ugg Boots
Ugg Nightfall
Short Metallic Ugg Boots
Sundance II Ugg Boots
Sundance 2 Ugg Boots
Tall Metallic Ugg Boots
UGG Amelie Suede Sandals
Amelie Suede Sandals Ugg Boots
UGG Fluff Flip Flop
UGG Tasmina Braid Sandals
Tasmina Braid Sandals Ugg Boots
UGG Tasmina Sandals
Tasmina Sandals Ugg Boots
Ultra Short Ugg Boots
Ultra Tall Ugg Boots
Jerseys
Wholesale NBA Jerseys

Peter said...

Hello Webmaster,

I am webmaster of Health Care websites; I've found your website information (http://seaspray-itsawonderfullife.blogspot.com/) and advice to be a very good fit for our visitors so could you please give us the best price for a site wide link on your esteemed website for a period of half and 1 Year? We will make payments Via PayPal so if interested, please mention your PayPal id.


If we are happy with your price, then we will send you the Link details that you can place on your website and we will make the payments to the PayPal id provided by you.



Regards,
Peter Freeman
doctorsimprovinghealthcares@gmail.com

eco travel agency costa rica said...

hello friends! that good information is obtained in places like this, thank you all for making this a reality