Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

http://www.freeimageslive.co.uk/files/images003/2010newyear_colour.preview.jpg

Wow ...January, 2010.

I've been wanting to write that ...2010.

I don't know why.

I had a nice invite to a dear friend's house, but am just feeling out of sorts with this ureteral stent. (I'm in the home stretch though and it will be coming out in a couple of weeks.) She was even making a homemade cheesecake ...mmmm.

Instead ... we had a quiet night at home.

Okay, back to 2010.

Wait. I'm craving eggnog. I'll be right back.

Darn!

That was disappointing. I really wanted more of that.

The date on the artificial eggnog that smelled like 80 proof that I was so very much craving with an added dash of nutmeg had a "sell by December 30th " date. Ever hopeful and really wanting that eggnog, I popped the cap to smell it. Not so sure about it as I thought under that 80 proof whiskey/eggnog scent ... I detected just a hint of old dairy smell.

I did open it before Christmas. You would think that it had a gazillion preservatives in this 80 proof whiskey smelling eggnog that I now really, really wanted to sip with a dash of nutmeg in a pretty glass that used to belong to Grandma MacDonald... and I wanted to sip it here while relaxing as I blog. But salt was the only preservative. And it was the 15th listed ingredient. I believe it has to be withing the first five ingredients to matter... with one being the most.

I pondered whether or not natural flavoring (no doubt the 80 proof whiskey aroma), would be a preservative, which I doubted. Actually... it didn't have the word preservative anywhere on the bottle. But I did see eggs and milk. Not worth risking New Year's day over.

Hence I am now sipping on some sleepy herb tea with milk in a pretty Christmas mug. I wasn't sure if I should add milk to something that has citrus in it, but I really wanted something soothing and so decided to live on the wild side and thus added the milk. Nothing curdled, it tastes good and so here I am.

Now back to 2010.

Like I said ..I have been anxious to write 2010. I thought about it on and off all day.

Nothing stopped me.

I could've written 2010 on paper or in the snow today, or on the steamy bathroom mirror, on paper or in the snow tonight. 2010.

But not like that.

For some reason.. my strongest urge is to write it on paper ... but only after it turned 2010 and for a real reason ... not just to write 2010.

So Mr SeaSpray and I watched 2 movies tonight. I think the first one was a remake of an old Western "On the road or maybe on the train to Yuma" Sorry ..never did catch the title..just know they wanted to get to Yuma. It was a good movie and recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

The other one I've had for a couple of years but we just never watched it. "The Pursuit of Happiness" ... an inspiring movie about a man (Will Smith) who never stops believing in himself, never gives up, maintains a positive attitude and loves and sticks with his young son - hoping to make a better life for them ..overcoming great adversity .. he keeps rising up after getting one hard knock after another. Truly an example of never giving up. It's based on a true story and at the end you find out what happened in real life from where the movie ends.

Our family room was cozy with the Christmas tree aglow with white lights and the candles in the window and other white lights in the room. I put the outside light on in the back so we could also watch the falling snow.

Younger son and his friend Mike were here briefly and watched a portion of the Yuma movie ..but then left to go to a party. I miss the times the kids thought it was a big deal to bang on pots at midnight ...many moons ago. :)

So there I was all cozy with Mr SeaSpray ..all cozy, just enjoying the movies and appreciating the falling snow... when I thought about writing 2010 again... and did so several times. So weird.

I don't know what it is about 2010. Not even my favorite numbers. 5 is my favorite number... then 1,3 or 8 ... but I digress.

So, the way I figure it..I won't be able to write 2010 until Wednesday - January 6, 2010. That is because I will be writing a check during an appointment I have. That will be my first official reason to wright the year ..2010.

I even like the way it looks... 2010.

I was hopeful about 2008. 8 is the Biblical number for new beginnings and I was anticipating a good year. But I had a slight relapse with urology issue and mom took ill and declined. Then she died in April, 2009.

However ... in May, 2009 ...we were all blessed with beautiful and precious Wrenna's birth into our family.

But then there are other concerns that I am not writing about, but am praying for. I feel powerless and the only thing I can do is pray.

So... this 2010 thing ... I am thinking it is my desire for new beginnings .. a new decade bringing hope for better things to come.

If you know nothing else about me on Wednesday ... you know that I have an appointment and I will be writing a check dated for January 6, 2010.

So in keeping with this inane wealth of information I am sharing, I might as well tell you that I also like to write the months January and November as well as the word pharmacy. This is because I don't have good penmanship and for some reason I write those words really well.

Is this just me? Does anyone else like the idea of writing the year of 2010?

Well ..that's all I have to say about that. :)

May 2010 be a year filled with love, joy, peace, good health, prosperity and great blessing for all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :)

P.S. I just checked out my sidebar ..where the posts are listed for the year to see what 2010 looks like. 2010 really stands out to me. Why is that? 2010 is really grabbing my attention. ? :)

*My next post will be "Birthday Revenge - Part II"

8 comments:

StorytellERdoc said...

Happy 2010 to you, Mrs. SeaSpray! Great post...I skipped on the eggnog this year altogether for no good reason, and your post made me thirsty. If you want to see an inspiring movie, go see Blindside with Sandra Bullock. My wife, kids, and I went yesterday and were blown away...I smell an Oscar!

Have a Blessed and Happy New Year!

Jim

rlbates said...

Happy New Year, SeaSpray!

SeaSpray said...

Oh YES Jim! I recently watched the 20-20 interview with the family and the young man as well as an interview with the guy who is playing his part and also was so down and out coming from a poor inner city background,with a loving grandmother and sister. Both such wonderful stories.

I was planning on writing about it because stories where people take others in always move me because someone took me in at 14. Maybe later in the month I will write about it.

I look forward to seeing that movie. I was wowed by his diligence in studying and his achievements.

I am impressed when people achieve great success and yet remain down to earth, respectful and not all full of themselves. Oscar indeed! :)

Happy and blessed New Year to you too! :)

SeaSpray said...

Hi Ramona -I've been thinking about you a lot and will e-mail you.

Happy New Year! :)

Gia's Spot said...

Happy New Year!
I wasn't interested in writing 2010 but to say the word - twenty-ten, now THAT was what I was waiting for! Love how it sounds so science fiction-ish! (heehee I know, sounds dumb put that way but still.....)
And yes it is a wonderful life!
Gia

SeaSpray said...

Happy New Year Gia-It does sound science fictionish.

I was thinking about it again this morning and it sounds better than the 2000 dates which has too many syllables as compared to 1980, 1999 or 1960.

Saying nineteen is like saying twenty. Two thousand is too much. I think because we're used to the nineteen.

I've obviously given this too much thought. :)

Oh and it looks kind of pretty..arty. :)

And I really, really hope this will be a better year/decade for everyone.. including the world. That things will get better ..less war. And I hope our country will get stronger and back to the basics we began with... and continue to be a beacon of light for other countries.

I'm hopeful. :)

le0pard13 said...

Happy New Year to you, too, SeaSpray.

SeaSpray said...

Thanks Leopard13. :)