Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pay to Breathe? Hooka Bar?

http://humboldtherald.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/syrian_chiller_hookah.jpg

Let me tell you ..when a girl with a city accent at the salon tells someone she is going to a hooka bah, it gets your attention! I'm kidding ..she was a girl, but didn't have a city accent and thus I didn't really think she was going to a hooker bar.

I did see cheap hookahs advertised on the web though. The idea of getting cheap hookahs still makes me giggle. :)

Sorry ..just couldn't resist. ;)

She said she was going to a HOOKAH bar ..pronounced like Who ka... hoo like who and kah like bah. Now not whokabah.. cause that looks like it could be pronounced wok-a-bah ...but hookah bar. I'm just sayin.

"Okay ..this is different", I thought and so asked her what a hookah bah..I mean BAR ..was. She didn't know exactly, but that they were going on Saturday night ..down to a Hookah bar in Montclair. She said that you sit around a table and inhale oxygen or flavored smoke.

Pay to inhale oxygen? I don't know about that. I do that for FREE ..24/7! Is the oxygen better in Montclair? I mean ..we live in the mountains and Montclair is near the city .. New York City and Newark and more industry...I'm just sayin.

She said she thinks they put a canister on the table that has hoses and so everyone shares breathing the same oxygen.

Community oxygen?

Again... aren't we all doing that..sharing oxygen ..not just in Montclair ..but globally and for FREE ..24/7? But if anyone would benefit from that ..I can imagine the geriatric population in a nursing home congregating around the communal oxygen tank or a smokers club ..but not your average person.

She said it's a social thing. "Um ..yeah"..I'm thinking .."I'm pretty social around people so long as I am breathing." She also said that if you want to inhale smoke ..you can get flavored smoke ..like vanilla and I don't recall what other flavor.

No thank you ..I'd rather pay for air ..I mean oxygen.

So ..she went on to say that she heard the oxygen makes you very alert and you feel better.

Okay ..I LIKE that.

And at least no one will get stopped and arrested for a DWO .. Driving While Oxygenated. Can't hurt to have alert people driving on the road after leaving the Hookah Bar.

Actually ..the atmosphere in a Hookah bar ..if authentic middle eastern sounds interesting ..just wouldn't be into sharing a communal tank of anything ..and definitely not smoke.

I do love hummus though ..they serve hummus. Mmmm ... h-u-m-m-u-s. :)



Actually ..if you click on this picture it has information on oxygen bars. I have no idea whether these things are good for you or not.

The girl at the salon thought that if you want to smoke on a hookah that is in one room and if you want to breathe in oxygen ..that is in a separate room.

I'm thinking that after you smoke on a hookah ...you NEED an oxygen hookah. Yes?

"An oxygen bar is an establishment, or part of one, that sells oxygen for recreational use. Individual flavored scents may be added to enhance the experience."

I love it ..BREATHING for recreation! And that you pay for it too. ;)

12 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

There for a minute, I thought you were going to tell us you and Passionstamper found yourselves in a Hooker Bar, haha. I can only imagine THAT post. :O, :)

Anonymous said...

there's a hookah bar that i've gone to in nyc... it wasn't that weird.
-peggy

SeaSpray said...

Hi Angel - No ..we haven't hit any hooker bars recently. ;)

SeaSpray said...

Hi Peggy - not weird ..just not interested in communal inhalation of anything. Would try the food though. :)

StorytellERdoc said...

LOL..i'm still laughing here. i LOVED this post. i have never done one of these bars but everyone seems to love them...just never heard the angle "pay to breath" before! LOL
Jim

SeaSpray said...

Hey Jim - glad you got a laugh out of it. Sometimes I wonder if I'm offensive or ..perish the thought ..not funny. :)

Pay to breath ..can you imagine if that came under government control ..you know ..with all the green mentality out there ..like breathing ..becomes a privilege that you have to pay for because the carbon dioxide pollutes the environment.. or something like that. Okay ..getting silly and tired and should go to bed but am making fudge instead. :)

le0pard13 said...

Great post, as always. BTW, I nominated you for a Creative Writer Blogger Award. Thank you.

WhiteCoat said...

When they start using these things on street corners and you can say "I'm going down to Fifth Avenue and Vine Street to use a Hookah" - then you'll get some even better looks.
I still can't get over the idea of inhaling someone else's tuberculosis or mold that has been growing inside the one of these things.
I'm with you about the oxygen, too, though it's better than doing drugs.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Leopard - I'll play as soon as I can. Thank you for thinking of me. :)

SeaSpray said...

Hey WhiteCoat - that's funny. :)

Ugh ..these things you speak of ..even worse than I imagined.

Not my thing at all. :)

Oasis said...

Another great way to breathe easy is with an Oasis Oxygen Bar! Oasis Oxygen bars are a great way to add a little something extra to any event or occassion. to learn more about Oasis Oxygen Bars
Click hereto visit our web page!

Anonymous said...

Hookah bars are very relaxing. Their inexpensive and Nory byob. I'm actually at one Now in Philly. All it really is is flavored steam. It comes in hundreds of flavors too. Very fun