Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah - REVISED



I love this song and this version! However Jim (StorytellERdoc) and Leopard13 have also given me their favorites.(See comments) I like them all, but I have to say even tho I still prefer Jeff Buckley's version .. the women are hard to choose between, but Katherine Jenkins gave me GOOSEBUMPS! The addition of the choirs reinforces the emotion of the song for me.

Thank you for sharing guys. You can see that I added your favorite versions of Hellelujah below my original post.

Now my new favorite song to obsess over until tired of it... which means ...I can't get enough of it ...which means I will play repeatedly every chance I get... which means ... I will dream about it ...which means I will wake up hearing it in my brain at any point during the night if I sleep lightly or turn over ..which means I will hear it in the morning upon waking... which means because I have played this new favorite song so much ..family will hear it in their heads too ...which means they may have to wear ear plugs or close doors to save themselves .. I'm just sayin. :)

Oh and when I have time ..I will add these versions and others to my players ..so that I can go from one to the other and so on. Does anyone else do that if you are crazy about a song? Play it repeatedly? It's like I can't get enough of it and become one with the song ..hence why I dream about it. :)

Music is a powerful force .. at times ...moving beyond words ...soul speak.




Alexandra Burke - Hallelujah - Live at O2 with Elton John



Katherine Jenkins - Hallelujah

14 comments:

StorytellERdoc said...

LOL...SS, we actually had a heated discussion of who does this song the best...my vote? Alexandra Burke singing it live at an 02 Elton John benefit. Check her out singing it, choir and all by the end!..She can sing.

Hope you are okay.
Jim

le0pard13 said...

For me, besides Jeff's version, I very much favor Katherine Jenkin's cover of Hallelujah, too. Her classically trained mezzo-sorprano voice lends another distinct feel to this wonderful and moving song. Thanks for this, SS.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Jim and Leopard - This song is amazing! I will gladly check out the other versions. Thank you to you both! :)

Anonymous said...

...Don't forget Rufus Wainwright's version

Jesse Katz said...

...Don't forget Rufus Wainwright's version

John McElveen said...

I Love to be transported by Music--takes you back Instantaneously to time, place, smells---very powerful and this song will be one of those memorie evokerererssseses!

John

John McElveen said...

Can't believe I cried......AGAIN!

Thanks,

J

StorytellERdoc said...

SeaSpray!

Sending you lots of good energy for your recent setbacks...

Also, loving the input of songs here. I LOVE music. I'm still about Alexandra, but also, check out the Canadian Tenors with a surprise by Celine Dion on Oprah...incredible.

My favorite performance, easy, of the past few years live? Leona Lewis singing "Run" on the Xfactor, the 5+minute version on You tube. You will have chills by the end. Promise.

Have a great day. I will check back.
Jim

John McElveen said...

Sea,

You have an award to pick up! I can't thank you enough for your Loyalty over all these years! Angel--you get one too! LOL!

Sea, you don't have to participate--you have more than earned it!

Much Love and appreciation!

John
Thanks- I've played this song and 10 other versions to death now! It's awesome!@

SeaSpray said...

Thanks Jesse ..I'll check it out. :)

SeaSpray said...

Hey John ..definitely a moving song. It's in my head now ..music and all I have my own little player in my head. :) I'm glad you like it. :)

Thank you for the award. You've been a loyal reader too and thank you for that.

SeaSpray said...

hey Jim - I'll check the other music out as soon as I can. thank you. I am sure it will be moving and I will let you know how my goose bump test goes. ha! Like ..um ..I give it a % goose bump rating! ;)

You know ..goose bumps ..funny concept ..I don't know why.

Thank you for your good thoughts. :)

peggy said...

well regina spektor does a really nice version, and of course rufus wainright ---but um, leonard cohen and jeff buckley (rip) are my favorites.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Peggy - I will check her out too. haven't had a chance to listen to newest recommendations but will soon. :)