Saturday, May 8, 2010

Update to "The Anesthesia Made me Do It"

http://www.insurance-finder.info/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/m52.gif

I was in that same bagel place yesterday ..for the first time since January.

I didn't see any bagel dogs in the warmer. I didn't want one (that really was some odd effect of the drugs) ..but I wanted to know if they really sold foot long hot dogs ..because in my mind's eye that bagel contained a foot long hot dog and I just wanted to know how accurate my perception was.

So, I asked the owner.

She said they haven't sold foot long hot dogs in a long time but that people are very happy with what they sell now. Ha ha! I guess she felt she needed to plug the lesser size one, but I told her I didn't want one and that I thought I remembered them.

To me tho ..I could swear it was a foot long and so now ..I will add that apparently perception with measurements is most definitely distorted and I am going to add and so is time..because even though I know I ate the thing quickly it also seemed to take very long and we did get on yet another road before finished ..but it all seemed longer.

No wonder they don't want you driving or operating machinery ..you don't realize it ..but your thinking really is off a bit with perception in all areas.

Maybe everyone knows this from the get go and I have been slow on the uptake with this. But to me ..post up ..once discharged ..I think everything is normal and not at all aware of the potential for harm that could happen if left unattended.

I get it now.

And I owe it to the last nurse I had at the surgery canter who was getting me ready for discharge.. who took the time to impress upon both of us that I should not be doing certain things and why.

And the hot dog. No one may understand my reasoning there ..but it amuses me because that is so very much a last food I'd ever choose to eat after fasting for almost 12 hours and I know it really was the anesthesia that made me do it.

I have made light of some of this ..particularly in the previous post ..but it is actually a serious concern and I know I can't be the only person to say .."Oh ..I'm fine" and think I can go off and do something.

I guess you could say the same thing about being impaired with alcohol or other drugs ..but there is something about the anesthesia in your system that may be more misleading after leaving the medical facility.

12 comments:

John McElveen said...

Duress! LOL-- Thanks Sea!

By the way--- The PERCEPTION of the Foot long Hot Dog you saw-is man's fault!

It' why women have difficulty with size---because for hundreds of years--thousands actually- men have been telling women that 6 inches is actually a Foot!

Hey-- don't shoot the messenger LOL! I'll be here all week!

Have a great weekend and I'm glad to see ya posting again!!!

John

DURESS....I was under "The DRESS!"

rlbates said...

:)

Happy Mother's Day, SeaSpray.

SeaSpray said...

I CHOKED!OMG JOHN!I Choked on my BAGEL at your comment!
BWhahahahaha!I don't think anyone ever got a Bwahahahaha! out of me before,not even Trenchy with his Throckmorton salad bar...although that one did give me a coffee nasal lavage. LOL!

John ..you know the saying "You're KILLING me with your jokes? Well..You ALMOST DID!

I was wide open for that one ..GOSH!

This is gonna be interesting when I shop fro summer hot fogs for the barbecue ..I'll be the one giggling while she's looking for the Hebrew National or Sabrets or Nathans. has to be kosher if I will eat any. Ball park ..and that kind ..meat or not ..BLECH!

John ..your corrupting me today. My verification word is "wores". Need I say more?!

I say corrupting me "today" because as Angel can attest to .. she has to keep me in line every now and then. :)

The next time I go past a manilin ..i'll lift her dress to see if your under the dress. ;)

SeaSpray said...

Thank you {{{Ramona}}}.

Chrysalis Angel said...

All this talk about hot dogs has made me crave a chili dog, and it's not even 6:30 in the morning!

John...I so knew you were going to go there. You dawg!

John McElveen said...

LOL-- I had to do it- Angel-- You understand!!!
Seaspray-- big Hugs!!!!!! Angel Big Hugs!!!!

I LOVE my Gals!!!!!

John

BALL Park-- They PLUMP when you grill em'!

J

LOL-- My word verification was so benign!! Thank goodness!

SeaSpray said...

Hi Angel - years ago ..DQ used to sell chili dogs and they weren't even Kosher dogs and I did like them because of the chili. :)

SeaSpray said...

Oh {{{John}}} ..FUNNY again! Thanks for the laughs! Hugs back to you. :)

Dr. Deb said...

Love the comments

StorytellERdoc said...

lol...GREAT post and great comments. I would love to see what the three of you in a room together would culminate to...

SeaSpray said...

Hi Dr Deb - glad you got a laugh out of em. :)

SeaSpray said...

Hi Jim - thanks! It would be fun. :)