Friday, June 4, 2010

My Physician Used the "P" Word! :) Part I



Several
times too!

No physician has ever used the "P" word with me!

Oh and this wasn't the urologist.

And I don't mean "P" for Patricia ..although I like that too ..when it's random. :)

Needless to say ..I will now use the "E" word ...because I am Ecstatic with a capital "E" over the "P" word being used regarding anything medical.

ECSTATIC I tell you! Bubbling over ECSTATIC!

So ...bubbling over ECSTATIC ..that Mr SeaSpray couldn't get a word in edgewise or any other wise as he helped me bring the groceries in and he just wanted to sit down and decompress after a long ..hot day and watch the news ..but *I* ..STILL bubbling over after he gave me some listening time ..then had more to bubble over about and so followed him around sharing my ECSTASY over the "P" word. And when he went outside to take the pool ladder down for me I was still bubbling over about the "P" word through the bathroom window ..talking to him out in the yard

"Dr PCP used the "P" word with me!"

"Yeah?"

"Do you know what the "P" word is?"

"No."

"Guess!"

"I don't know."

"Just guess!"

"I really don't know." (He's never been big with the "Guessing game thing.")

"PHENOMENAL! "

"He said PHENOMENAL!" NO Doctor has EVER said PHENOMENAL and he said PHENOMENAL several times! About ME!"

"What was phenominal?"
************************************
Can YOU guys.. and gals guess what was PHENOMINAL?

I'll give you some clues.

It was in reference to a yearly physical.

None of my docs have ever used the word PHENOMINAL in reference to anything medical about me.

I mean it's not like the OB/GYN is gonna say .. "You have a PHENOMENAL Bajingo!" or PHENOMENAL Girls up there! (Hey a girl can dream! ;)

GastroDoc never said .."That's one PHENOMENAL *COLON* you have there!" Although I did read in his report that I was "Well Prepped" and I wore that in my mind's eye like a badge. Although ..maybe he says that about all the girls. ;)

My dentist never exclaimed "Wow ..what a PHENOMENAL molar you have!"

UroDoc never said "That's one PHENOMENAL ureter .. you've got there ..WOW! Although he did tell me he was "really proud" of me once .. with the way I was tolerating my first big stent. (It's true ..you never forget your first! ;) Ha! ..and so I was really proud ..he was proud ..and relieved to know it wasn't just that I was a wimpette ..but it was a tough one for a newbie uro patient!

And the Derm Doc never said .. "That's a PHENOMENAL mole you have there!" Thank God or it would down right SCARED me! :) Although ..as he speedily checked out my concerns .. he did refer to all of them as "BEAUTY MARK!" and so ...needless to say ..I left feeling especially good from his office that day... in a beautifully marked way. And ..um ..I do have an especially cute one where the sun doesn't shine. I'm just sayin. ;)

I still can't believe My dear DR PCP said PHENOMENAL in reference to ME ... and several times!

Okay ..2nd clue: this was the 2nd part of my physical ..wait that's too much of a clue and so can't finish the sentence. Don't mind me ..his use of the "P" word with me has me in a frisky... teasing mood. :)

Suffice it to know that I am one PHENOMENALLY pleased SeaSpray!

Dr PCP made my day!

Can you tell? :)

11 comments:

John McElveen said...

PHENOMINAL!!!!

John

:-) (But I already knew that!)

rlbates said...

Ditto what John said! :)

SeaSpray said...

Hi John and Ramona - Ditto on the Ditto! Can you double ditto like that or is double dittoing redundant ..phenomenally so?! :)

StorytellERdoc said...

Yeah for the phenomenal news, SS! Like, as if, mmm hmmm, I am glad to hear that you had a phenomenal office visit...I am due for a visit soon, myself, and that's the word I hope to hear! :)

You wrote this awesome...

Dr. Deb said...

You ARE a phenom. Precious, Perceptive and Playful too. How's that for some more p words?!

SeaSpray said...

Hi Jim - Thank you and I hope you have a PHENOMENALLY good checkup too!

Thank you for the *awesome* critique. :)

SeaSpray said...

Hi Dr Deb -great "P" words! :) Thank you for your sweet words. Your timing with those words was perfect and I saw them just when I needed a little pick me up in spirit. :)

John McElveen said...

"Double Ditto" is freaking Phenomenal--which is a word I think you should use....what????

Hand on....

(My conscience is talking), She did? No ...... Really? When....

Read the post again dumb butt...

OMG--She did,

Sorry--

I'm back...

OK --it was GREATTTTT!!! YOU are GREAT! and that's me not my Butthole...I don't literally mean my butth...Now he's laughing at me,

LOVE YA TONS!!!!! (That was ME!!!!!))

John

Shut up.....no not you Sea--this little Butthole on my shoulder.....

What?

She should get a HEADER??????

What's THAT supposed to mean.... LOL-- snicker.....

SeaSpray said...

Oh JOHN! You crack me up and no that's NOT Your BH! I saw this last nite but too tired to comment. I just had to but my head in my hand on the desk and laugh. Then went to read world news and again just had to stop and laugh.

Thank you for that! :)

I might just be your best audience in the blogosphere. I know you make a lot of people laugh ..but you level me ..you really do. :)

John McElveen said...

i know she has a header--shut up Quiet, I'm on. tap tap tap,

Hiya Sea-- Thank you very much.

I also want to congratulate you and your two Amigo's on a Powerful and Positive wonderful new Blog!

I've already visited and it will KILL em....er,

It will do really good....

Seriously,

What a breath of fresh air in the Medical Community. Thanks you 3!!

All my Love and Prayers,

John

YES....the new blog has a header---shut up!

SeaSpray said...

Thanks John. maybe I shouldn't say header? That's what it is right a header? :)

Even the news is too much. I am selective where I go and what I look at. Close friend very ill and that is overload for me right now, and so I am trying to be protective of myself ..a little anyway.

Love and prayers to you too. :)