Friday, August 20, 2010

If You Appreciate Exquisite Medical Humor - and also Writer's Block Opposite World

http://www.lochnesscottage.com/blog/uploaded_images/14-pond-edged-771417.jpg
Photo credit

I highly recommend the "A Cartoon Guide to Becoming a Doctor" blog and comments. :)

I just left the following comment in "A Cartoon Guide to Becoming a Doctor" blog.

"I have been blogging for 3 3/4 yrs now and for the 1st time have really hit a *Forest Gump stops running* period in my desire to blog. I have written things that I am not posting and just don't feel it. Ideas have almost always flowed and now the well feels so dry."

The thing that drew me into the medical blogosphere was the exquisite medical humor.

Thanks for sharing these. Your work put me back in touch with why I love the med blogs ..the humor. And other things ..but humor my favorite. :)"

It's true.

I feel like I have just stopped.

I am forcing myself to stay seated at the computer even now. It feels stifling. I don't have the patience to read or write.

I LOVE to read the blogs! I LOVE to write! I have written my entire life ..in notebooks, random pieces of paper or even napkins if a thought was important enough to record. I feel things when I write. I just don't feel it now.

I have been handwriting in a journal ..but that is for another project.

But it's like a blogging switch was turned off. Night and day difference.

That being said ...I recently created another blog ..which is set to private for now and already thinking of ditching that too. Ugh! Restless I tell you .. RESTLESS!

And I've been busy (good busy - fun busy- it is the end of summer ..almost) and distracted. I feel like I have the attention span of a gnat. And I have it on personal authority that gnats don't like to blog. ;)

I just remembered that I heard someone say once that when we get that restless feeling ..when things just don't feel right ..God is setting you up for a change in your life. Indeed ..there are some things I am considering.

Anyway .. I thoroughly enjoyed the cartoons in "A Cartoon Guide to Becoming a Doctor" blog. The humor does remind me of what drew me into the med blogosphere in the first place. This blog is at the top of my blogroll. (Always a good idea to beginning your blog with an "A" because it will be toward the top of the list if alphabetical.)

And Fizzy's blog was an inspiration to get me to post this and I look forward to reading the entire blog. :)

And maybe ..my coming out and stating that I can't write ..will activate opposite world in me. The one where when I state ..I will post on a certain topic or specific post ..it rarely gets published. Maybe now that I said I can't write ..I will go in opposite world and write.

I hope so.

5 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

I know how it is, Seaspray.

That is a great site, too.

SeaSpray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SeaSpray said...

Yes ..it's definitely funny and different. :)

Fizzy said...

Thanks, I'm honored my blog helped you so much! :)

SeaSpray said...

Your very welcome Fizzy. It did. I look forward to reading everything in your blog. :)