Friday, September 24, 2010

Merry-Go-Round in the Medical Office

http://www.mightybluegrassshows.com/midway/carousel/carousel_night.jpg

Okay, I just have to share this exquisitely funny post written by TBTM (Margaret Polaneczky, MD), from "The Blog That Ate Manhattan", in which she shares about a conversation she had with one of her patients. Her blog is a "Gyno-Food blog" and so much more. I give her fabulous blog a 5 Starfish SeaSpray rating. :)

I admit that after reading her humorous post, I wondered just what material I have given my own docs for amusing conversations. ? I have written about some in this blog. :) I don't care if my docs share stories or posts about me, providing I couldn't be identified. I'm all for promoting laughter ..even at my own expense. My regular readers know that I am the first one to call myself out on the things I do... funny - serious and everything in between. I do love funny medical stories though.

And on that note ..here is Dr Polaneczky's post:

"Ask a Simple Question

Me:
Are you sexually active?
Patient A: No.
Me: So, when was the last time you had sex?
Patient A: Last week.
Me: I’m sorry, I thought you said you weren’t sexually active. Should I have asked that differently?
Patient A: You should have just asked me if I have sex.

Me: Do you have sex?"

You can read the rest of this exquisitely funny post over at TBTAM:

Enjoy! ;)

No comments: