Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Baker's Law of the Universe ;)

http://willblogforfood.typepad.com/will_blog_for_food/images/hubbell4.jpg

Baking, baking and more baking!

House smells wonderful.

My scale numbers are NOT wonderful and crept up 3 pounds since Sunday.

So ..this afternoon ...I decided to put my scale in my kitchen work area.

Because everyone knows that when cookies and brownies and any other little tasty morsels break off ...or seem the least bit defective ... in any way ...it is the Baker's Law of the Universe that said baker has to taste (to the point of complete ingestion) said ..broken or defective ...in any way baked goodies ...just to insure that all the intact pieces will taste just as good.

It's just the way it is.

But ...I am just going to have to defy this baker's universal law that I have been so obedient to in all my years of baking. Heck ...I wouldn't even be surprised if there were some subconscious baker's sabotage going on ...you know the kind of sabotage that insures there will be broken and defective pieces ...thus activating the Baker's law of the Universe. I'm just saying. :)

Anyway ..I've decided that stepping on the scale - looking at my numbers would empower me to be noncompliant of said Baker's Law of the Universe . But, let me tell you ..while it is having an effect ..it's not easy going against the universe.

Vive la résistance!

Again ..I'm just saying. ;)

I am baking for the urology office basket tomorrow and a care package for a friend's son in the Coast Guard. Then there will be some dessert platters going out between now and Christmas.

No comments: