Friday, December 24, 2010

MIA For Christmas and Other Thoughts

I can't believe that I haven't written even one Christmas post ... anywhere. I've never been MIA for Christmas blogging. But, I've been busy with a capital "B"! Hopefully, I will catch up with writing after tomorrow. If you like SCRUBS ...you'll appreciate the following videos.

Nothing like the 12 days of Christmas being sung about a surgeon's night in the OR.

Well ...God forbid my life should have anything to do with the OR version of the 12 days of Christmas. I'll take the 8 maids a milking any day ..well ..um ..no ..actually ..I'll take the 10 Lords a leaping ..because after all who doesn't want to leap around a bit? Nah ... pipers ..11 pipers and oh ..I'll take the 12 drummers too ...because after all ...who doesn't like music? And 5 Gold rings ...a girl can never have enough jewelery. I love anything French and so I must have the 3 French hens. But of course True Love trumps all. We should all have True Love in our lives. I'm just saying. :)

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!



This was a good episode. The short video is about Turk's (Surgeon) being on call for Christmas Eve and you see him being woken up non stop in the call room ... and surgical lyrics to the tune of "The Twelve Days of Christmas." being sung.

What they don't show is that earlier ..he was so positive, filled with faith and believing in miracles ...as well as acting like Mr Christmas spreading holiday cheer. However, after his hellacious night in the OR, he goes home exhausted and discouraged ...questioning God's existence.

In this next clip (below), while still discouraged ..he gets a thought ...leading him to the location of a missing girl in labor in the park ...thus saving her life. Turk regains his faith and belief in miracles and the other previously jaded friends recognize they witnessed a miracle.

And miracles ...they do occur. :)


3 comments:

le0pard13 said...

Thank you very much, Seaspray. From my household to yours, all the best.

Adrian said...

Scrubs was one of the most original shows on TV when it debuted. It was good quality humor, very well written and totally enjoyable.

SeaSpray said...

Hi Le0pard13 - thank you for your well wishes and I am sending more your way for you and yours and may 2011 be a good year filled with blessings. :)

Adrian - I agree. I've heard docs say it is the most realistic among the med shows.

I never tire of the reruns.