Sunday, February 6, 2011

About the Commercials



Is it me ...or were there too many commercials during the Super Bowl? Egads!

I prefer some of the older commercials.

We were rooting for the Packers. :)

Anyway, I only stuck with it to the end of the first quarter.

Mr SeaSpray also thought the commercials were excessive. I haven't watched an entire Super Bowl in a long time and was shocked to see so many commercials in such a short period of time.

It seemed there was more commercial time then game time. And I didn't think any of the commercials up to that point were anything outstanding. And the guy sucking the Dorito crumbs off the guy's finger and another guy's pants - GROSS!

Perhaps the commercials improved as the game progressed?

I wanted to get into the momentum of the game, but they stopped every other play for the commercials... or it felt like it.

They lost me early on. I don't usually watch football though or I would've hung in there.

Anyway, I've always been partial to the Budweiser frogs and the Budweiser horses.



And if you have a little more time ...the next video is a compilation of past frog, lizard and ferret Budweiser commercials. Funny! :)



Oh ...just one more. :)

5 comments:

le0pard13 said...

I agree, overall. Still, my favorite remained Volkswagen Commercial: The Force. No dialogue at all, but the kids reactions (all behind a mask) are priceless.

Good post. Thanks.

Kadence McKettrick said...

I very much enjoyed your post

John McElveen said...

TOTALLY agree! It interrupted the flow of the game--and believe it or not- that is hard on players and coaches!!!

Too much can be a bad thing! And money drives everything now!!!

Great Post! Sorry I haven't been around!

Hugs,

John

SeaSpray said...

Le0pard13 - I LOVE it! :) That commercial IS priceless. Thanks for linking it here. (I have to learn how to link in comments)

May not have been fair of me to comment on commercials since I didn't see the whole game, but the 1st quarter did nothing for me. Now son and friends liked the Dorito commercial.

Leopard, I don't know if you'll see this, but I still can't get the google pics fixed. I can't follow the follower's links. I did try removing for a few days. It must be a google glitch. I want to reach google to ask directly and don't see a way to contact them. What am I missing?

Welcome Kadence and thank you. :)

*****[[[[JOHN]]]]!!*****

I have been remiss in blogging and following like I used to, but am getting back into it now. It's great to see you in here. :)

I do believe it would be hard on them. I think it interrupts the energy and focus and who knows? maybe the outcomes would be different ..or a more intense and exciting game?

SeaSpray said...

And yes ...money does seem to drive everything now. sad thing.,, because good things are lost in the quest for more money. And of course money is important ..but people don't seem to matter as much.