Thursday, April 28, 2011

Parts I & II ~ CHEESED! - The Cream Cheese Deodorant Caper ;)

http://smartshopit.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/philly-cream-cheese1.jpg?w=96

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PycKwNmUKHs/RnjG-W1JagI/AAAAAAAAAJs/Bu6VY5c2gtg/s200/phoneix_deo2.jpg

I finished the second part of this post and decided to combine them as Parts I & II. So, for those of you that read the first part ...just scroll down to Part II. :)

PART I

I wrote a post for April Fool's Day called, "Soooo Very Tempted!", in which I wrote about various pranks that I thought would be funny to play on someone. I read about them in an article on line and the link is in the post.

My favorite was the one replacing deodorant with ...CREAM CHEESE. ;) LOL!!! Sorry ...I just can't help myself with this one.

While lying in bed in the dark next to Mr SeaSpray that night, I asked him if ...hypothetically speaking ...Some one had replaced his deodorant with cream cheese as an April Fool's joke and if he ...hypothetically speaking ...put it on and went to work with it on ..would he think it was funny? His answer was predictable, which was "NO!"

I then said ..."Well younger son and I think it is a HILARIOUS joke!"

He didn't say anything, but within seconds ...just the image caused me to giggle in silence... but then my body began heaving in silent laughter ...until I just bust out laughing and said ..."Well ...I think it is VERY funny!", and then continued with the giggles. He had to get up, not long after that, and while he didn't say it ...I wouldn't be surprised if he smelled his deodorant or brought in bathroom to look at first. :)
*********************************
So, the next morning, I brought the prank up to son again. I said,"I wonder if I should play the cream cheese deodorant prank on your brother tonight, since I will be over there baby sitting? Devan (9 years old) could help."

Younger son said, "DO IT Mom! Devan was playing April fool jokes on her mother this morning, she'll LOVE it!" I agreed. I promptly went to fridge to get some cream cheese to put in a little Ziploc bag for what was later to be the cream cheese caper ...employed. :)
****************************************
As soon as my son and d-i-l left for the evening, I told my sweet Devan of my plan to play this joke on her dad. She LOVED it! Her eyes lit up and she got the infamous impish grin I've come to know so well in older son, who just loved to play practical jokes when he was 9. He still does. :)

So, I gave her the cream cheese and told her to put it in the fridge and we will replace her dad's deodorant with the cream cheese later ...after I get the babies to bed. We were laughing about our plan all night. :)
***************************************
Finally, the moment came! And we had to hurry, because they were coming back from their anniversary dinner soon. She ran to get the cream cheese and brought it over to me. But ..she had put it in the freezer and so was frozen solid.

There was another problem. I was hoping his deodorant was the kind that is pushed up through the little holes, but, instead it was a solid white top. Uh oh ...we were gonna have to scoop and sculpt! At least it was white. Actually, first I had to slice the entire top off with a knife. (I really liked the manly scent of that deodorant.) With deodorant shavings on the kitchen counter and Devan laughing and giggling as we plotted our joke ...I proceeded to scoop out just enough to anchor the cream cheese into it ...once we got it soft enough.

I opened the bag and broke the frozen cream cheese in half and gave her one to heat up in her hands and one for me. But, there was a problem with that. The warmed cheese was getting tacky in our hands. So we put it back in the plastic bag and washed our hands. We also decided to go downstairs to buy us more time in case they walked in the door.

So ...we sat on the sofas and placed the sculpting dinner knife on the coffee table while I tried to warm the cheese still in the bag ...in my hands. Then I told Devan ...we need to find a way to warm this faster. And then I got an idea ...I told her I would put the cheese in my bra ...deep down in my bra. And so I did exactly that and BOY was that cold! And I also pushed on it from the outside to aid in trapping the heat. I did this for a few minutes and indeed it did soften ...but needed to soften a bit more and so I put it in another place down my bra. Boy was that cold! :)

And then Devan began squealing with laughter ...even her eyes were laughing ...lit up all sparkly and all. In between laughing she said, "Mum mum! You're the ONLY person I know that puts cream cheese down her bra! can I tell my friends?!" LOL! :)

First off ...wasn't she just so thoughtful to ask permission to tell her friends? :) I laughed and said "Yes ..you can, but make sure you tell them I didn't just put cream cheese in my bra, but it was in a plastic bag." She agreed. Although ..it really wouldn't matter.
****************************************
The cheese was finally soft enough and so I placed some on the deodorant stick ...making sure to press/anchor it down into the scooped out section. It was a good thing it was frozen because any softer and it would not be workable.

So there we were ...Devan to my left and Lily, their chocolate lab ...my other accomplice ...to my right. She was so cute. Lily sat there all alert ...watching everything we did and every time pieces of cream cheese dropped on the table or the rug ...she promptly licked them up. I think she knew son and d-i-l were coming home soon too! ;)

I was using my fingers to try to reshape it and Devan also assisted. But ...again the cream cheese was becoming tacky. What to do? What to do? Then I thought of pottery ...using water to smooth it out. So, Devan ran upstairs to get a cup of water and brought it back down. Perfect solution! I was able to mold it into shape .., packing down for firmness and then building it back up again ...then packing down and finally shaping it by rounding the top and pressing in along the sides. I thought it was done and about to put the lid on and she said "Wait Mum mum! We need to make a hole in the top!" "You're right! Go bring a fork down." It's a good thing she remembered that, because ...VOILA! It looked just like his deodorant ...albeit a little off white as compared to the original bright white deodorant. And interestingly ...it smelled kind of good ...almost edible ...a clean cream cheese kind of scent. It created a felling of wanting to eat and wash with it. :)

Anyway, I then wiped all the cream cheese off the sides and Lily had cleaned all the cream cheese that had dropped down on the table and floor. Devan popped the lid back on. We were laughing so hard at the thought of her dad smearing cream cheese under his arms and if for some reason it all melted and got funky ...we still laughed at what would be his reaction be. I imagined he'd be baffled and say, "What the h-e-c-k.?"

Devan put it in the bathroom just in time before they came home. I told her not to say anything. Don't ask him if he took a shower or used his deodorant because then he'd know something was up. She had to act normal and forget about it. She agreed.

After they came in ...we were all sitting on the sectional and she got the giggles ...just a little, but caught herself and went to bed not long after.

And I left not long after that ...giggling out loud as I drove home, thinking about Operation Cream Cheese Deodorant ...now ...officially put into action.

Then when I got home, I woke Mr SeaSpray up when he heard me come into the bedroom. I began laughing as I told him what Devan and I did, Even thought he didn't laugh out loud ...I saw his smirk. "AHA! He does think it's funny!", I thought. :)

Eager to hear what happened with the cream cheese deodorant in the morning ...I am pretty sure I fell asleep with a smile on my face. :)

To be continued ....
******************************************
Part II

But ...when the hours passed by in the morning and I didn't hear anything ...I wondered if he used it yet ... or if he did ... was he mad? Or if he did, figured I did it, but wouldn't give satisfaction I got him? You know ...reverse the joke and make the other person wonder and squirm. I knew he showered in the morning and had to have used it ...but then maybe he didn't because I knew he was going out to a friend's birthday party at night and maybe would shower then. But, I only did it when I was there because I knew he didn't have to work the next morning. I really didn't want him to wreak of cream cheese at work. But then I thought ..."Oh no ...what if he DID have to go in and what if he met a client and what if he wreaked of cream cheese when with the client?"

The silence was beginning to work on me and so I told younger son what I did and then asked if I should tell his brother? He said, "No mom ...DON'T tell him! You'll ruin it!" (Remember, he was the other accomplice? He egged me on to play the joke on his brother that previous morning. :)

As time went on ...I vacillated between laughing about it and then worrying about it.

Still no news in the afternoon!

By late afternoon, I decided to call son ...pretending I needed him to fill in some holes the dog made in the back yard. Now, I would never ask him to do anything like that because Mr SeaSpray and younger son do the outside work. And I made it sound like there were a lot of holes to be filled, when in reality ...our resident doggie digger only dug one hole in the back yard to be filled. But, I just wanted to see if he'd mention anything about the deodorant or taking a shower.

So ...I called, asked him to come over to fill in holes in the yard because it would really help dad out and he exclaimed, "What?! WHY do you want me to do that?!" Even that was funny because it was so out of left field that I would ask such a thing. Ha ha! :)

He was watching the new baby. And so I said .."Well then ...you know what ...it's not a big deal ...Dad will do it." He must've thought I was from Mars at that point. And of course he would help with something if necessry, but that was not at all something he would be asked to do and so randomly at that. :)

Did I find out if he used the deodorant? Nope!

*SIGH!*

Then I began to wonder if he'd have used it, not know and then wreak of cheese around his friends? Or ...if he caught it before going out, what if that one shirt was exactly what he wanted to wear? I vacillated between telling him and letting it go.

I let it go.

But then by dinnertime I just couldn't stand it and so I decided to call Devan on her cell phone. I asked her if he used it and he did and my d-i-l said he was annoyed. Uh oh ..although ...c'mon THAT was funny!

So, I called him back and said I knew he used it and didn't he think it was funny? "It was annoying Mom." "Oh c'mon! I know you ...I know you think that was funny ...what happened?"

He said he opened it and wondered what was wrong with it and thought the heat got to it or something. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

After using it, he wiped it back off.

Then Devan later told me he was mad when he had to take another shower before going out that night to the party. Fine ...I can appreciate the inconvenience ...but I still think it was a great prank. :)

Does this mean I am a bad Mom? I don't think so. We both have that teasing nature. Even as adults, we've had tug of wars with an afghan, wrestle things away from each other, push against each other while standing, wrestle with doors, squirt with he backyard hose and I don't even remember everything. Oh and a few years ago, I even wrote about the night we were pelting each other with cherry tomatoes. I forget why though. Well, there never really has to be a reason.

And BY-THE-WAY ....he is currently the culprit behind an ongoing joke with unsolicited mail coming to our house ...for a couple of YEARS now. Need I say more? I am going to write a post soon about that ongoing joke. I laugh every time I see the stuff in the mail and then we have to get rid of it. Well some we keep ...but it is a funny joke ...because it keeps on going. First just the idea of it and then continually doing it ..too funny.

So ...the apple does not fall far from the tree here.

Oh and I did have a talk with Devan that you have to be careful not to hurt anyone in a joke and we discussed that too. I did play a not so nice prank once with a snake and I was wrong, although God forgive me it was also funny. But it was exactly the kind of joke one should N-E-V-E-R play on someone. I was 22 or 23 back then and a lot of people were in on it ...not just me ..although it was my idea. I would not do that now. I did write a post about it.

Anyway ...the next time son came over ...as soon as he got out of the car, I said, "You HAD to think that deodorant joke was funny!"

"Not really."

"What?! Oh C'MON! I KNOW that you KNOW that was a funny joke!" And by then ...he was closer to me and I saw that knowing glint in his eye and he grinned.

And ...I also know what they say about payback. I can take it. Well ...within reason. I wouldn't want to wake up with a tarantula next to me on my pillow. I'm just saying.

PS I love that Devan and I will share this funny memory ... the Cream Cheese Deodorant Caper. It was such fun to see her absolute glee in carrying this out ...her eyes lit up with laughter, joyful giggles and impish grin ...reminding me of her dad when he was her age. Again ...the apple didn't fall far from the tree. :)

No comments: