Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Frustrating, But Worked Out!

It is so frustrating when you have plans all lined up and something happens to put a snafu into them. Today, that snafu would be that my vehicle decided to act up while en route to a mammo appointment.

"Seriously? NOW?!" But, I kept driving a bit, got a little (okay, more than a little) scared and so I called them. Fortunately, she rescheduled me for a later time and I can use son's car. Yay!

It has been pouring rain for days and so I am hoping the dampness is just affecting it and will not be some big expensive deal. I also felt some kind of knock under my foot or in front underneath ...a couple of times. No rocks and smooth road. None of us are mechanically inclined.

So, after several phone calls ...at least I am getting mammo tonight, and can use son's car tomorrow and can keep my plans.

Update: I LOVE my son's car! First of all ...it's BLUE! Need-I-say-more? And ...it's sporty and I love sitting low and love how it felt so private because door comes up pretty high. I kind of felt like I was in a cockpit. Handles beautifully. Did I tell you it is BLUE? ;)

Thank you son. :)

So ...I went back home and let it idle awhile. The mechanic said dampness could do it or it could be other things.

I really wanted to go to Costco after.

Must not have been meant to be today.

It will just feel good to get these tests out of the way. I sometimes put this stuff off forever and so I just wanted to keep up my momentum with tackling appointments.

And next week I have a physical with the new internist. I am planning on writing a post about it and already have the title.

I'm calling it "Phyiscal Exam By Candlelight", and I will explain when I write it. :)

7 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

I am proud of you for taking care of yourself. Hope all goes well.

SeaSpray said...

Thanks, making myself do it to get it out of the way. Had an ultra sound for something I was worried about this am, and it seems all was well ...even tho I don't have the official physician's word as yet. :)

My friend with lung ca is in ICU today, with r lobe pneumonia.

I went with her to chemo Tuesday and doc was impressed with how clear her lungs were and even commented to me and I said I could tell even without a stethoscope.

I am so surprised and I know they don't put you in icu without good cause. I'll find out shortly when I go.

How did she develop pneumonia in 2 days when not even sick?

SeaSpray said...

I meant sick with a uri.

I guess because immune system suppressed. ?

Chrysalis Angel said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Seaspray. I'm sure you will have more information on her soon, if not by now. My heart is with you.

SeaSpray said...

Thanks Angel - I did go over. I will e-mail you when I can. They had to call an ambulance for her last night. I can't believe how fast it changed. Ct picked it up.

They were expecting side effects from chemo which was of a 5 hr duration and the oncologist strengthened it too. She was doing so great. But I also know the Decadon (?) she has to take prior to chemo makes her feel energetic and talkative and then next day plummets.

But, 24 hrs post chemo treatments she was so weak and difficulty breathing, etc. BP 84/40 when got to hospital. She was si8tting up when I walked in and talking but I am telling you ...she went from 100% clear sounding lungs with deep breaths on Tuesday to now there is rattling, gurgling and coughing. They *may* put her on a vent if they have to to keep things moving. But ..like I said I will e-mail the rest. i really hope she does not need the vent. i know they will sedate her ...but ..I just hope she doesn't have to.

I am shocked at how fast this turned. And when I was there ...i couldn't help thinking of hospital infections.

So ...if you think of it ..I know you know better what to pray for then I do ...please say a prayer for her.

Passion stamper and I are going over tomorrow early afternoon.

I have a lot on my plate tomorrow.

PS and I are going to a new Bible Study based on pastor Joseph Prince. He's awesome. Saw him on TBN and I know it will be thought provoking, uplifting and faith building. Then over to see I and will have grandbabies around 5 and make dinner for everyone so we can eat after Devan"s soccer camp. Celebrating her b-day Sat (I think), and have to shop.

Plus had an idea to enlarge a childhood pic of I and me and frame to bring over.

Only problem is the vehicle. Mr SeaSpray drove over and after adding some transmission fluid, he feels it was fine. So ..I am going to use it.

SeaSpray said...

I still have stuff to say in e-mail. :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

Sea, Be strong. I am here. I will talk via email...when you're ready. I understand.