Thursday, May 5, 2011

Help! Does Anyone Know How I can Undo This???!

http://images0.cpcache.com/product/technology-technically+challenged-technically/138606540v8_225x225_Front.jpg


I am so frustrated right now ...I could spit nails ...at SPAMMERS and ME!

I was cleaning out e-mail contacts and at bottom were 3 contacts ..SPAM... contacts that I did not allow into my contact box. I could not delete them because they did not show in the contacts option to delete.

(HOW did they get there? And HOW is it they can't be deleted?)

Anyway ...so I went back into options and in my effort to delete the contacts ...I ...instead deleted the Entire e-mail account from my computer.

My Hotmail address is a crazy ..too long address ...but I've had it since 1995. The address was meant to be a joke, but instead ..it ended up being my main address, meaning not only do most people contact me there, but also all my business confirmations, etc come through there. Even now, I have important e-mails to respond to. Plus ..all the addresses I would lose.

Now ...all is NOT lost, because Older son was able to bring it up on his computer at work. Great! Now their IT has my e-mail account/info. But ..I don't! And he has access to my info ...but I don't! He can read whatever ...but just the idea someone else can when you can't. Their isn't anything bad, but definitely personal.

I am sure I can go to younger son's computer tonight and access.

But ...I want access from THIS computer now!

I have blocked Hotmail from coming up.

Does anyone out there know what I can do to remove this Hotmail block in my computer? I can't even contact Hotmail.

If I try to go to Hotmail.com, I get the address I banned, but won't open. I would think I just have to go back into Hotmail and go to that filter section and undo it. I hope it is that easy? But ..I deleted it. Whatever that means for the long term. But, I did not delete the account. Just from this computer. And again ...not just the account, but the Hotmail. com address to the main sight. If I could get to that ...I could get to my e-mail to sign on. *sigh*

But, if I can't ever again access the account from this computer ...then I have to change everything and contact everyone regarding the change and I really prefer not to have to do that.

And then ...does anyone know how the spammers got in to my personal contacts and how to remove them? I know it is just e-mail, but it feels like a violation of my privacy and personal space and I don't appreciate it at all.

I wouldn't even have a junk mail collection box if people or companies I care about didn't show up in there sometimes.

Update: I can sign in, but once in ..the screen goes blank if I try to access anything in my e-mail account. The only thing showing is the address I filtered/ I think it is the address I filtered. It's similar. So, it may be that even my son could not get into the account to undo it.

I have e-mails from my mentor ...my dear friend that passed away in 2008, that I saved, but never printed. E-mails ...special ones from other people. Pictures. And people I am to respond to now. Business confirmations ...so many things.

photo

I do believe that one should not put all their eggs in one basket ...and yet I still do at times.

******************
Update 19:41 Son stopped by after work to fix the problem. He couldn't find what I did and so set my Hotmail up on a different browser. Just can't use Hotmail on Firefox anymore. I am grateful all is not lost.

Thank you son! :)

4 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

I have been getting a TON of spam at my blog and email address. I wonder what's up?!

SeaSpray said...

I don't know, but this stuff was awful and I am upset I can't remove it.

Hopefully we will figure it out.

rlbates said...

Glad you son was able to fix it for you.

Happy Mother's Day!

SeaSpray said...

Thanks Ramona. Happy Mother's day to you too.

Bittersweet without our moms.