Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Jewish Bra

http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/94/a/AAAAAjjghzYAAAAAAJSo-Q.jpg

I haven't been following politics as closely as I usually do. It feels better taking a break from the news every so often. Instead ...I have been watching sitcoms. Last weekend, I watched as much of the M*A*S*H* marathon as I could ...including the 30 year reunion. I appreciate the show more now than when it was on CBS. Brilliant show!

Another favorite of mine has been "The Nanny", played by Fran Drescher. I just LOVE that show! I never got to see it when it was on, because I worked every Monday night. But, I think I have seen them all now and still watch the repeats. She reminds me of my close friend Iris ..if my friend were to have big hair and wear a lot of makeup and be flamboyant. They really could pass for cousins or sisters. I just love the butler too. Cute, endearing show. She really made a difference in every one's lives for the better. Scenes in the show also remind me of "I Love Lucy", especially between the nanny and her friend Val and the nanny and her boss ..like Lucy - Ricky dynamics. They Obviously intended that. Oh and I love her whole Jewish family ..especially her senile grandmother. She used to play Laura Petry's next door neighbor Millie. In one scene ..the nanny's grandmother is standing in front of the stainless steal refrigerator ...waiting for the elevator doors to open. Too funny. The whole cast is great.

It just feels good to kick back and laugh. I also like "Frasier" and "Everybody Loves Raymond."

Oh and "SCRUBS"! :)

Anyway ...it's hilarious how her Mom tries to heap guilt on her or they get upset over the slightest things and so I automatically thought of "The Nanny" when a friend (Thank you Linda :) recently sent the following joke via e-mail:

The Jewish Bra

A Jewish man walked into the Lingerie Department of Macy's
in New York.
He tells the saleslady, 'I would like a Jewish bra for my wife size, 34B.'

With a quizzical look the saleslady asked, 'What kind of bra?'
He repeated, 'A Jewish bra. She said to tell you that she wanted a
Jewish bra, and that you would know what she wanted.

'Ah, now I remember,' said the saleslady. 'We don't get as many
requests for those as we used to. Most of our customers lately want
the Catholic bra, or the Salvation Army bra, or the Presbyterian bra.'

Confused, and a little flustered, the man asked 'So, what are the
differences?'
The saleslady responded. 'It is all really quite simple. The Catholic
bra supports the masses. The Salvation Army lifts up the fallen, and
the Presbyterian bra keeps them staunch and upright.'

He mused on that information for a minute and said, 'Hmm. I know
I'll regret asking, but what does the Jewish bra do?'
'Ah, the Jewish bra,' she replied, 'makes mountains out of molehills.'


Okay ...Sarah ...I just could not let this go. :) Suffice it to know that your comment about wearing an atheist bra has inspired my next post! And I will be adding a pic of me from when I was 14. Thanx! :)

I am also looking forward to Fran Drescher's new show beginning on TV land on June 15th. :)

10 comments:

StorytellERdoc said...

Hey Pat! How great to hear from you recently and how great that you are enjoying the posting process again. This post proves it...with the title alone, how would I NOT read it? LOL Picture included!

AS for sitcoms, we have basic basic computer (1o channels for 15$ a month) and instead by series of DVD. Kids love, love, love I Love Lucy and Gilligans Island. Little House. Brady Brunch. Laverne and Shirley. Surprising dislikes? Leave It To Beaver, The Waltons (first few shows were a little scary), Lassie, and Happy Days. Oh Well, we are looking for more and my wife remembers laughing at Fran Drescher sometimes, we made to make that our next purchase!

Great post, Pat. Love your style.

Jim

SeaSpray said...

Well ...you made my night Jim! Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Yes, I've been getting back into blogging again. :)

I think it's great that you do that with/for the kids. Wonderful when families laugh together. :)

You know ...I keep saying I am going to sign up for netflix so I can rent the whole series of shows, but haven't as yet. It is just so much fun to go from one to the next and so on ...like reading a good book series. :)

I was never a big brady bunch fan, loved all the others. :)

lassie? That goes way back. I remember building a little fort in front of the TV on Sunday nights and watching Lassie from my fort. "L-A-S-S-I-E-E-E-E" :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

Ha. I love that show, the Nanny. I can do a fair imitation of her and that laugh. Fireguy looks like his ears will bleed out, when I do the laugh. He can't stand it. I told him, that's part of her charm. ha,ha.

All great shows! It's great to watch those and escape for a while. Niles was my favorite though. I loved when he zinged Cee Cee. They were an awesome cast.

Sarah P. said...

Cute joke! I prefer the Atheist Bra - I don't believe in them and prefer not to wear them -- but only when I'm home!

SeaSpray said...

Angel - I've heard your voice ..your sweet voice and cannot imagine your doing the nanny impersonation ..but yes I can imagine Fireguy's ears bleeding if you reach that nanny level. Ha ha! She exaggerated it and so will be interesting to see the difference in her new show. Even the mom ..they made a perfect mother and daughter.

Oh Niles ..his expressions just level me. Even last night ..his expression was priceless when Mr Sheffield called him a baby. :)

SeaSpray said...

OH SARAH!

Your joke is better than the post ...and I busted out laughing. I am so with you ..the atheist bra is the best!!! :)

I am using this when I come back home and linking to you to give you the credit. So funny!

Chrysalis Angel said...

HA! Love that one, Sarah. LOL. That's great!

Yes, I know, Seaspray...I'm soft spoken, but I can do it -Jer! (reference to Seinfield.) ha,ha

Chrysalis Angel said...

I should be working on here....I just saw your Seaspray thing come in the inbox, and couldn't resist checking it. Now, I'm clicking off so I am productive. Have a great day all!

SeaSpray said...

It finally feels like summer and pool stairs going in tonight when son gets home from gym. They are heavy and need 3 sandbags and so I have to wait for the guys. Finally getting natural vitamin D too. That feels so good.

Have a great day too Angel. And it's nice to see you back in here. I am getting back into blogging too and Sarah has inspired my next post and I will include a pic of me at 14. I am also thinking of opening a health blog (for me) off this one and this SeaSpray may be a bit more forthcoming ...although more girl talk and that kind of thing. I think. They say it is best to have one blog so as not to distract from it ...but I don't want to talk about weight issues and Oprah kind of stuff in ss. I just want a separate place to focus on health ...except uro because we all know that after almost 4 1/2 years ...this is more like the PeaSpray blog with all my urine and urology posts. :)

If I open this blog I am thinking about, I will announce it in SeaSpray blog and link it too. I can always close it if I decided I embarrASSed myself. :)

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog