Thursday, July 7, 2011

What Do Air Conditioning & Virginity Have in Common?

http://www.hometips.com/catimages/010209_010201_ac_window_airconditioner_whi2.jpg

I hope I don't offend anyone with my next comment, but it occurred to me this morning when I turned the a/c on and remembered virginity.

I know ...you wonder ...why in the world did SeaSpray think of virginity when turning on the a/c?

Eh ...you know what ..some things are better left unsaid. :)
.......................................................
...........................................................
.................................................................
...........................

Oh ..I'm TEASING you! ;)

Here's why.

My specific thought was and I quote, "Air conditioning is like losing your virginity because once you've turned it on ...you never want to go back."

Okay ...perhaps the title should've been "What do Air Conditioning & Losing Your Virginity Have in Common.

So ...still ...why the connection?

It's simple really ...ECONOMICS!

Specifically ..the financial considerations of the SeaSpray family.

Our electric bill has been RIDICULOUSLY and PAINFULLY high. Except for last month. That felt like a miracle and I am still shocked ...but hey don't look a gift horse in the mouth ...whatever THAT means. And that ...not the gift horse ..but the RIDICULOUSLY and PAINFULLY high electric bill is for another post.

Other than to say ...that we decided we would NOT use the a/c unless we absolutely HAD to.

We didn't ..correction ...Mr SeaSpray didn't even put the air conditioners in until the 3rd week in June. And we had some very hot weather here and there.

And this SeaSpray ...does not tolerate the heat well at all and would never be a willing southerner (How DO you southern Folk do it? Handle the HEAT and HUMIDITY?), no matter how beautiful the beaches are. So for me not to put a/c on is a major accomplishment and sacrifice. But ..I did it. And then even when a/c in ...we didn't use it.

Well ...it's been really hot again and so we turned it on. And then last night for 1st time this yr slept with it on. When I opened the bedroom door, I felt all this humidity rush at me and so I immediately turned the other air conditioner on. Then I went outside ..and while humid ...it wasn't horribly hot and humid, i.e., a/c worthy weather when trying to keep the electric bill low.

All this time ...we've basically gone without. But, now that it's been on a few days in a row ...I feel like we can't go without a/c.

And so then I remembered what Ann Landers said about losing one's virginity. She was advising a teenager not to have sex because once they become sexually active ...it will be hard to stop.

HENCE ...the connection between air conditioning and virginity. :)

"Air conditioning is like losing your virginity because once you've turned it on ...you never want to go back." ~SeaSpray~

No comments: