Wednesday, September 7, 2011

And Yet ...ANOTHER use For Duct Tape ;)

http://tommangan.net/twoheeldrive/hikehacker/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/duct-tape.jpg

It takes 7 seconds for food to pass from mouth to stomach. A human hair can hold 3kg. The length of a penis is 3 x the length of the thumb. The femur is as hard as concrete. A woman's heart beats faster then a man's. Women blink 2 x as much as men. We use 300 muscles just to keep our balance when we stand. A woman has read this entire post. The man is still looking at his thumb. (that was from a link in facebook)


I can't sleep ...even tho I am Dorothy going down in the poppy fields kind of tired. I mean Just like Dorothy ...I went down, down, down into blissful sleep in those poppy fields alright, but Mr SeaSpray is in the I'm gonna kick my leg every 19-21 seconds and still sleep like a baby mode.

And so ...I ask you ...what's a SeaSpray to do?

I think I am woken up all night ...even when I don't know it. And if trying to fall asleep when he is in that mode ...I just doze and my body is kicked or jerked again and I stir right back awake.

I am a basically easy going person. But, it has occurred to me that If I am upset enough to count to 19 -21 seconds ...repeatedly...while lying there in the dark ...just to see if it really takes him every 19-21 seconds to kick me and/or shake the bed again ...then I must not be so easy going in those moments. Furthermore ...I think counting sheep is more conducive to falling asleep (I prefer counting waves rolling in :) ...not bracing for the next assault!

You'd think when I am this exhausted ...it wouldn't wake me. ???

Anyway ...I am not supposed to, but I took a Benadrly and that really does help. One doctor told me to do that. My new pcp told me I should not because I could develop a tolerance to it and may not work if I have an allergic reaction. That was earlier in the summer and I have been compliant. I don't want to take any chances either. But, I have a really busy day tomorrow and so I had to tonight. I will tell the pcp and I am going to ask if it's alright if just once in awhile. And most nights, I do get by with just melatonin with green tea extract. Although ...I still think I am probably not getting quality sleep ...not all night.

As for tonight ...drastic times call for drastic measures.

If anyone else has dealt with this ...I'd love to know your solution.

Like ...what would happen if I used duct tape and taped him down (just the lower half ..and maybe ...just the one leg) while he's sleeping ...I mean aside from his wondering why he can't get out of bed when he wants to? What would be the harm? And after doing that ...it would give me ample time to make my great escape when he figured it out. ;)

For some reason ...and I don't know why ...we have an unusual amount of duct tape lying around here ...here and there.

You know ...they say there is an element of truth to all humor....

I'm JUST saying. ;)

Y-a-w-n and nite nite. Benadryl kicking in and if I don't go to bed right ...now ...my face will be planted on the keyboard and I really don't want to greet people tomorrow with little squares branded into my face. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

get a tempurpedic mattress. i haven't had a problem with jon's jerky legs since we got ours in 2008. you can get them on overstock.com for cheap (and free shipping)

SeaSpray said...

Oh I do want to ...just not in the budget at the moment. Even toying with twin beds, but would miss being close... except for when he's in that mode.

But, I will look at the sight ...you never know. Thanks! :)