Thursday, September 15, 2011

Good Intentions

ne morning, a grandmother was surprised to find that her 7-year-old grandson had made her coffee! Smiling, she choked down the worst cup of her life. When she finished, she found three little green Army men at the bottom. Puzzled, she asked, 'Honey, what are these Army men doing in my coffee?' Her grandson answered, 'Like it says on TV, Grandma. 'The best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup''
That was also from facebook -author unknown

Kids are so sweet ...aren't they? :)

When I was about 5, I thought I would do something nice for my Grandpa MacDonald, so one early one sunny morning ... before everyone got up, I grabbed all his pipes out of tobacco cabinet ..and washed them in warm, soapy water and hung them all back up in the little tobacco stand he had. It was right next to his favorite chair. After he lit and began smoking his pipe ...the flavor wasn't the same and he didn't understand what was wrong. So he tried another one ...same thing.

I happily informed him that I had washed all his tobacco pipes.
:)

The only thing I remember after that was being told never do that again because it ruins the pipes. I can imagine him saying "What the bloody hell is wrong with this pipe?!" He was born in Scotland and so that seemed to be a word I heard often from him. I really bet he said it? Ha ha!

And I know they thought it was funny, because I heard the story told over the years. :)

Grandma MacDonald always liked to begin her day with a teacup of hot water before she got out of bed. This one bright and sunny morning, I offered to make it for her. I was little, but not sure what age. I got it all together and proudly brought it in to her. She sipped on it and then asked "Patty, did you boil this water?" I said, "No, I got it from the sink." Obviously, it wasn't steaming as she preferred it ...but she graciously sipped it until it was finished.
******************************

No comments: