Monday, September 5, 2011

Determination!

http://www.famousquotesabout.com/quoteImage/69803/I-am-still-determined.jpg

I wholeheartedly agree with this quote!

Admittedly, I have been letting fear and some other things alter what was always my optimistic and upbeat spirit. One thing I have learned through the process though, is that it is certainly a whole lot easier to be positive when life is going your way for the most part ...with maybe a few setbacks here and there. I am someone who has always seen the glass half full and could still see good come out of most bad things. Ever ready with a smile and a positive word of encouragement. Almost always believing everything really will be alright. And my faith in God has carried me through so much. There is always hope with God in the picture.

But, I have found that when illness, loss of loved ones and loss of other things rock your world ...in one continuous tremor in which things you hold dear are shaken loose ...those optimistic foundations can be shaken, the glass half full can spring a leak and if you're not careful ...all the negatives can insidiously chip away at the cracking foundation in which you could lose your footing ...yourself along the way. Again, I have found that faith goes a long way to bring restoration back into life ...providing hope for the present and future. I am grateful for that.

I have also determined that instead of allowing the negatives in life to pull me down ...I am going to use that energy to succeed at the current goals I have set for myself and for future plans.

No ...nothing bad has happened in my life. I'm just re-evaluating some things.

4 comments:

rlbates said...

Best to you, SeaSpray!

SeaSpray said...

Thank you Ramona. And to you too. :)

John McElveen said...

Big HUGS, LOVE and PRAYERS!!!! You are still my Champion!!!!!

John

SeaSpray said...

Awww ..your sweet ...Thanks John. :)