Thursday, November 17, 2011

Yak Seed

http://celiasue.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/yak.jpg

I was in the kitchen earlier fixing my dinner ...one of my healthier concoctions I make when we have all decided to have different things. Mr SeaSpray was standing nearby as he heard me talking to myself. I was feeling quite pleased ...each time I added what I considered a tasty ingredient. "Some waln-u-t-s, some c-r-a-i-s-i-n-s and now for some .." I know he would never go near some of the things I eat ...but what must he actually think I eat???

Suddenly he exclaimed, "YAK seed? WHAT is YAK seed?"

"Oh Mr SeaSpray ... don't worry ...trust me (snicker) I don't put it in YOUR food. Also, trust me ...you DON'T want to know what YAK Seed is or what it does. But, suffice it to know that you and I will be trekking through the Himalayas next week because I hear the fresh Tibetan Yak Seed is the most nutritional of all. If it's good enough for the Dalai Lama ...it's good enough for me!"

http://us.cdn4.123rf.com/168nwm/kamchatka/kamchatka1009/kamchatka100900170/7719786-yak-in-himalaya.jpg
And now to my readers ...so that you can be further enlightened ...where do I begin? Well ...for starters, you should know that you don't have to be a YAK to reap the benefits of Yak Seed. Furthermore ...after ingesting said Yak Seed you will have the agility to leap Like a Yak, in the Himalayas but, only in the Himalayas ...not to mention that you will achieve Total Zen. Although ...you should be informed that studies have shown one side effect of Yak Seed for 2% of the population is "long shaggy hair with a dense woolly undercoat over the chest, flanks, and thighs." A coveted side effect in arctic climates ...but Yak hair will block the cooling effects of a nice balmy breeze blowing your way in Miami.

O-K-A-Y-Y-Y ..the truth is ...

...I busted out laughing, and said, "WHAAAT?! YAK Seed? NOOO ...NOT YAK Seed! I added FLAX seed to my Greek yogurt! YAK SEED! EWWWW! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Then ...I imagined YAK seed as I finished concocting my yogurt meal of Non fat plain Greek yogurt, FLAX seed, crasins, walnuts and a lot of cinnamon .

Suffice it to know ...that you don't want to know. I don't either.

And I am pretty sure I have never used the word "Yak" this much in my entire life ...up until this post.

I'm just saying. :)

Although ...God knows I have the gift of Yak. ;)

No comments: