Monday, December 12, 2011

Love the Banter! :)



I love the banter. And Jewish guilt? Not in original ...but funny. :)

And then below - my favorite version, sung by Dean Martin. I think I was 11 or 12 when his weekly TV show was on. Even at that age ...I thought he was handsome. I think he could've been my grandfather! of course being older ...his endearing bad boy ways amuse me. Wait ...can a bad boy be endearing? Yes ..if Dean martin - that smile and glint in his eye - charming.

Of course back then ...I didn't like any of this music. If it wasn't rock music - B-O-R-i-n-g. Except ..well ... that's another post. ;)

Anyway ...I enjoy most versions and Dean's is one of my favorites.

2 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Dean Martin was more popular as an actor than as singer unlike Frank Sinatra who was popular both as actor and singer. Barry Manilow has made so many songs that have spread love to countless people. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

SeaSpray said...

When I think of them ..I think of my Mom's generation. Although she liked big band music. I get nostalgic with the Christmas season. Miss many people no longer here with us now. But ..grateful for all who are.

Merry Christmas Mel. :)