Sunday, January 8, 2012

Duck Hunting With Doctors ;)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_at8tCsahqzw/SK3afKnPw1I/AAAAAAAABYw/-M350ziNCEY/s320/geese1.jpg

HERE is the link to the following joke over at the Happy Hospitalist's blog. I thought all the jokes were funny, but this one caused me to laugh out loud. :)

Btw, I hope I am not offending any docs with this joke. It is so very much my favorite kind of humor ...like in "Plains, Trains and Automobiles" or in "What About Bob?" and some others. Loved those movies. I could so totally picture this joke as a seen in a movie. And when the surgeon had enough and got the uzi ...well I busted out loud at the description of the sound effects. Talk about getting the job done - Ha ha!

Link An internist, a radiologist, a surgeon, and a pathologist all go duck hunting together. When they hear the first wave of ducks coming, the internist says "OK, you guys, I'm the smartest guy here, so I'll be in charge. Don't shoot until I say so." He looks up at the birds and says "Hmmmm...well...I don't know. Those could be ducks. But they could also be geese. Or even Swans. I read about something like this in NEJM once upon a time. I'm not sure we should shoot yet..." and of course, the ducks are gone.

The radiologist rolls his eyes and says "I'LL be in charge now, dammit." Another flock of ducks flies overhead. The radiologist looks at the water and mutters (in a monotone, of course) "Shadows appear consistent with duck-like structures but pigeons of unusual size cannot be excluded recommend additional angles and possibly a contrast study as well as clinical correlation period end report." Of course, the ducks are gone.

By now, the surgeon is PISSED. Another flock of ducks appears overhead. The surgeon pulls out an Uzi. BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM!!!!

As the smoke clears, the water is littered with carcasses. The surgeon turns to the pathologist and says "Hey...which of them's ducks?"

2 comments:

Chrysalis Angel said...

Ha! I liked that.

SeaSpray said...

I loved the image of the blam. blam, blam - surgeon gets so impatient/pissed ..he takes care of it. Haha!