Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Prayer Request Please (For Me :)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZQMKpuAm5s4/TaNatPa8m0I/AAAAAAAAAJA/EvcX2x5ASYY/s400/philippians4-6.jpg

One of the fabulous things about blogging and other public media forms ...is the instantaneous communication ...not just locally ...but to the far corners of the world. It never ceases to amaze me. :)

Anyone that has been a familiar reader of my blog (Thank you :), knows that I do believe tremendously in the power of prayer.

I know God has helped me many, many times in my life. And I think it would be real interesting if we could all see how he has worked behind the scenes on our behalf.

Of course, things don't always turn out the way we want them to. Sometimes ...that's a good thing. I've had some things I pleaded for help with in my past and I am definitely better off because he said, "No ..not this request." Of course I didn't see it at the time, but looking back ...I am grateful it didn't go my way.

And sometimes God says, "Hold on ...I'm working on it." Which means something's not quite lined up in the heavenlies that has to get worked out ...the timing is off.

Sometimes, a situation can be so serious ...life and death serious. We pray for the good outcome ...and it doesn't happen. Where is God then?

I do believe the scripture in Romans 8:28, in which Paul states, "For all things work together for good, to those that love God and are called according to his purpose."

All things DO work together for good ...even though we may never understand the "Why?" of something. Still ...it isn't easy to accept. Well ...I can think of some people that have such faith ...nothing shakes them and they never seem to lose their peace or joy. I guess that comes with spiritual maturity.

I also know that even when bad things happen ..or we don't get what we want ...even though we prayed sooo hard ...it does not negate the existence of God or the fact that he is a God that loves us with an everlasting unconditional love ...greater than our human comprehension can process.

Anyway ...I am not a conditional Christian. By that I mean ..that just because things don't work out the way I believed for ..hoped for ... prayed for and just wanted so very much ...I still believe in his existence and that he loves us all very much.

It is an imperfect world. We all know that bad things happen to good people. God never said we wouldn't have difficulties in life. He said he would be with us always. I know it seems hard to believe ....when the worst of the worst is going on. But, I take him at his word.

And now, I am asking that anyone who stopped to read this, to please say a prayer for me. I don't want to talk about it right now. I am fine. I don't mean to sound cryptic. I just don't want to get into anything now.

Even though you don't know what I am talking about ...God does. Your prayers count. I am sure they will help. The more prayers in agreement ..the better. It is so neat this will be seen all around the world. :)

Thank you and God bless you. :)

Have a GREAT rest of the week! :)

SeaSpray

4 comments:

A. Patrick Jonas, MD said...

Done.apj

SeaSpray said...

Thank you so much. :)

Chrysalis Angel said...

How are things going for you? I'm so sorry I'm not around like I used to be. This is the first chance I've had to come by. Best to you, Sea.

SeaSpray said...

Angel - I know you are busy. And I know you always send good thoughts and prayers my way. And you are only an e-mail away. I miss seeing you ...but life gets busy.

I feel frustrated that I can't keep up with as many blogs as I wish I could. If I had a laptop - would be better. Just hate sitting at computer like I used to. :)

Best to you too. :)