Sunday, September 2, 2012

If Only


( I have this up in FB)

I miss you Iris, especially this summer. I shall be eternally grateful for the 52 summers/years we shared, truly a gift from God. Our childhood summers were magical. Once you & your parents came down to your shore house, it was like I stepped into the most amazing summer world for 2 1/2 months. I know you felt the same down there too. Only children - 2 peas in a pod. I loved your parents so much too. I'm a better person because of their influence & our shared experiences ...especially the faith we shared from such a young age. So many reminders of you ...forever in my heart. Your grandchildren are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! And another one on the way! Who would've thought that between us we'd have SIX grandchildren now? Boy would we be sharing pictures & talking up a storm. Grandchildren - the most amazing JOYFUL blessings! :)

Oh & you should know, that when we meet again ...I challenge you to some celestial scrabble. ;)

Guess ...I really just needed to feel like we were talking ...even if it was a monolog. :)

2 comments:

momof2 said...

Just a note to let you know what has been happening in my ureter world...Had an emergency gallbladder removal and ERCP, which gave me pancreatitis. So...that means I will absolutely not be getting any kind of ureteral reimplantation surgery, especially since I am having a hard time recovering from the laprascopic gallbladder surgery. It's been 4 weeks almost but I'm hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel since the doctor said 8 weeks. I hope they were able to figure out your stomach issues. It looks like if I am told in October that I need the ureter fixed, I will go with the balloon dilation/laser surgery rather than the more invasive one. I hope you are well, happy, and enjoyed your summer!
Lisa

SeaSpray said...

Hi Momof2 - glad you dropped by as I've been wondering how you are.

I'm sorry to hear about the GB and pancreatitis. But, will the Gbladder issues be resolved now and will pancreatitis go away?

In 07 an ER doc thought I'd need an ercp but one of my pcps came in and said absolutely not necessary - he knew what the problem was and discharged me. he was right and I got better! Then when saw my main pcp and told him he said sometimes the ercp can cause more harm. Why is the recovery difficult. I thought when they did it laparscopically it was easier to recover? Did you have complications?

I think the easier ureter treatment is definitely the way to go first. Keep me posted on that too if you can.

I am so glad to have someone to talk with that KNOWS what these things are like.

I have been having stomach issues and side aches and all out of sorts lately. Trying to figure out which doctor to see or just hold out for physical on 26th?

I hope you have a fun fall. I love swimming in summer/flowers and all that, but I love October thru Dec best. Crisp weather, beautiful leaves, holidays and all that. :)