Tuesday, October 9, 2012

7 Cold Dwarfs, Soup Siphon and Foley Catheter



I feel worse than when I had sepsis!

And it's just a cold.

 I tried not taking anything ...thinking sneezing would pass, but au contraire ...it's like there is a little living critter up in my left nostril pressing the sneeze button over and over again. Anyway - I caved and this morning I took one Benadrly.  It helps somewhat ...but now throat very dry and dry cough from dry throat.  I debated taking 2 different kinds of Theraflu we have but I don't have all the symptoms described on boxes.  And then there's the 1000 mg of Tylenol in it as well and I'm not in pain.  I went on line to find a product and too much to sift thru feeling this way.  I called the pharmacist and after speaking with him ...I kind of zoned out and just decided I will take one of the Theraflues tonight.  How can you have a decongestant AND antihistamine work at the same time? 

I don't have major aches and pains, no fever that I am aware of, no sore throat and so I don't know if Theraflu is overkill ...but that  is what I will take around 6 tonight.  Benadryl and it's only 25 mg makes me soooooo tired.

Is there anything out there to take for profound weakness and lethargy?  I guess I am fighting this URI ...but seriously ... I'm basically useless and I should just cave and get warm under a blanket on the couch and watch some of the 50 movies I have saved in the recorder.

But I really want to get a roast chicken in the oven ...except my body says , "Are you kidding - I don't even want to get up ...never mind DO something!"

There are so many OTC cold products to choose from, that it is overwhelming to have to peruse through when you don't feel well.

So, I think people should just stock up on various items for different symptoms and then they don't have to be miserable on top of miserable trying to find the right thing.

If anyone happens to see this ...is there a product you would recommend for Weakness, Stuffy, Watery, Sniffly, Sneezy, Dry Coughing (throat) and Slightly Aching (head?)  Ha!  Symptoms remind me of the seven dwarfs.  I've got the 7 Cold Dwarfs visiting me.  :)

Oh and it doesn't escape me that I am being a bit whiny.  Remember that feeling when you were a kid and you were sick and all you really wanted to do was go out and play ...especially if it was a sunny day and then you cried because you couldn't do that or go to school?  I remember one morning being all dressed for school in my little read sweater and as Mom was buttoning it up, she stopped to feel my head and said, "Oh Patty your're burning up.  You can't go to school."  And then I cried.  Well ...I'm not burning up and I'm not crying ...but I sure am frustrated.  It's only day 3 and taking too long to go away!  I wish I had taken the zinc spray early on as I have experienced where it shortens longevity and intensity of a cold.  Must stock up on that too.

And then ...why is it that even if I put makeup on when I have a cold ...it just doesn't help?  I would only do that if I was going out and wouldn't waste the energy at home.  If  the pale and pasty look is in  ...then  I'm pretty chic in my warm, seriously soft, pink with penguins pajamas (they're CUTE I tell you!), right now.  :)

Mr SeaSpray is out buying me lemons, honey and lemon honey cough drops and zinc lozenges ...although - again ..I don't know if it's too late to take the zinc lozenges.  I know the Zycam spray is supposed to be started as soon as you feel the first symptoms of a cold coming on.

I don't have any appetite.  Nor do I want to drink anything cold ...including my beloved water.  And yet ...there isn't enough soup in NJ to satisfy me.  I've always wished there was a way to have a nonstop soup siphon with a little tiny tube that continually hydrates my throat.  But then I guess I'd have to sport a foley catheter as well.

There's always a tradeoff.  ;)

Photo Credit

No comments: