Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Pumpkin Cookie Time :)


The image “http://images.allrecipes.com/site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/small/4035.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

It's that time again.

Thanksgiving Pumpkin Cookies
(cookies in pic are similar yet different than mine)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees 
Cream together: 1 cup shortening, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup white sugar 
Then add: 1 1/2 Cup of pumpkin and 1 egg (sometimes I add a bit more pumpkin, but not much more) Cream together 
In a separate bowl mix together: 2 cups of sifted flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. of cinnamon (I like cinnamon so I always add 1 heaping Tbs. instead of the tsp.)

Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well.

Then add 1 cup each of raisins, walnuts and butterscotch bits

Mix together and drop in tsp. on to cookie sheet. (can do Tbs. and bake longer - adjust time accordingly.)

Bake approximately 10 minutes - ovens vary (Cookies will rise and not spread out far and so you can get a lot on one pan)

While baking - make frosting

Frosting: heat on low - 3 Tbs. butter, 4 tsp. milk and add 1/2 cup of brown sugar. When cooler, add 1 cup of confectionary sugar and 3/4 tsp. vanilla.

Ice cookies while they are warm.

(I add and mix together as soon as everything is melted. Also, sometimes frosting starts to dry by the time ready for last batch and then I just stir in a small amount of milk.)

ENJOY! :)

p.s. I usually "only" make these for Thanksgiving and so they have become a Thanksgiving tradition that everyone looks forward to, which is a good thing since I DON'T do pies! :)  I have extended the recipe to Christmas for some people.  :)


*****************************
I'm off to Costco shortly.  Tomorrow I plan on baking these cookies ...LOTS of them and trimming bushes ...to prepare for the Christmas lights to go up on Friday.  :)



No comments: