Sunday, December 16, 2012

I'm So Sorry



My heart breaks for the little children and adults that were massacred in CT.  And for the surviving children and adults.  And for the police officers and anyone having to be on the scene and all families.  Little children ...so innocent and full of life.  Heroic education professionals.  This was just sick and pure evil.  What a senseless tragedy ..and at Christmas and Hanukkah, when you know everyone is all excited about the holidays and you know they've been thinking about having fun with their families and friends.  All the plans ...not just for the Holidays ...but hopes and dreams for a bright future.  And the sadness, pain and and anger that ripples outward from Newtown, across America and around the world. And fear.

It's Sunday now ...and honestly ...I've tried to shield myself from watching and listening to this.  But ...understandably ..it is being reported everywhere and it should be.  It is not because I don't care ...but because I care so much.

My heart and prayers go out to everyone involved.  I've been praying on and off when it comes to mind and I know people everywhere are doing the same.

I am so sorry
.

4 comments:

Chrysalis said...

It is so, so sad.

SeaSpray said...

I still try to avoid details. But ..I have watched about the children themselves their lives, etc.

I guess like any death ..to avoid doesn't allow for healing. And even tho we aren't up close to it ..I do believe our nation ..or anyone taking this tragedy to heart has to heal from it. And so I decided that listening to the good things about the people would facilitate some kind of healing ..acknowledging them. And I know it is important to understand what happened but it doesn't help for me to know that a little boy describes the blood coming our of his dead teacher's mouth. Sorry about that if you didn't know. Years of therapy and I imagine PTSD for all emergency personnel and anyone connected.

It's got me thinking about being safe *anywhere* when out ..and especially concerned for grandchildren in schools.

Unfathomable to me that even more potential shooters around country arrested since this. ???

What do you think is going on?

And I do believe evil is involved.

I heard Geraldo say that "Evil visited that town that day."

Anyway ..gonna write something lighter. Miss not having computer.

Chrysalis said...

The world is a mess. Yes, so many will carry the sights and sounds, and other things, with them for the rest of their lives. I think we all mourn for them.

Having worked with children of those ages for 5 yrs. I can not fathom the horror. It makes me angry, and I really can't talk about the issue. I loved the kids I had in my care, and would have given my life for them. I feel for all involved in the tragedy.

SeaSpray said...

It must be so difficult for educators. I hadn't thought of it from that perspective. i was coming from a mother perspective ...but this is your work place and so it must affect educators on many levels.

We've often talked about the ripple effect of good going out but boy ...look at this in reverse. I know ..people question where God was, etc., and I have to believe he will help us overcome this evil.

So many things on this side of life we can't understand.