Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fun Getting Something New - So Excited! :) and Stuff


Yay!  After a lot of shopping/research effort - we just had our refrigerator delivered and I just got it all set up on the inside.  :)  I do love it ...especially that we have the stainless steel now.  We were about to remodel the kitchen before I had begun with all the urology issues, but it had to go on the back burner because I had stopped working.

Anyway, our old refrigerator was from 1996 and so it doesn't owe us anything.  I hope this one will run as well for a long time too.  I'm glad it will hold magnets, but I don't think I will let the kids play with magnets on the lower half as I don't want it to get scratched.  Maybe on the side ...I'll see. I can see where it will make me a bit obsessive with fingerprints, but I have that with the stove anyway.  I just wipe it down with a soft cloth,dish detergent and buff it when I am working at the sink. :)

It seems to have a bit more room in depth, same as width and I was surprised that I felt I had less shelf height room between shelves.  But then I realized the freezer has a lot more height - hence significantly more freezer storage.  I like that.  I saved a couple of the side drawers on the old refrigerator door, washed one out and am using it for other smaller jars so that if looking for little things not on the door, we just have to pull this one out off one of the shelves, like it's an additional drawer - much more organized that way.

I was going to go to Costco tonight so that I could buy organic foods/juices I usually get and stock it up with other things, but ...inspired by the new fridge, I'm in a total organizing/spring cleaning mood and so I'm going with it.  :) 


*****************************************
When a friend calls you in the morning and you burst into tears as soon as she asks how you are ...and you immediately go into how frustrated you are because you can't do what you want to do and are tired of hurting all the time ...then it just might be time to schedule for a knee replacement.  *Notice how this SeaSpray went into 3rd person DENIAL regarding this topic?  And that is all She has to say about that.
****************************************
I've been super busy lately for various reasons. Some good.  Some not.  One of them is that Our grandchildren were here four 4 -11 hour days last week and it was so much fun.  Although quite busy.  It was nice that I feel I bonded even more closely with them.   And I am soooooo in love with each of them.  Such blessings in our lives. :)
******************************************

Also, I am seriously considering going back into business for myself.  I've been looking at that again and was glad to have the opportunity to discuss it with another friend who has her own shop and for years has had her own business in which she operated out of her home and traveling.  She is encouraging me to do it based on the things I have been telling her, my sincere enthusiasm for the product and longevity with the company.  I have been with the company for 23 going on 24 years. I LOVE the product and will be placing an order later.  It is like Christmas for me every time the products are delivered.  :)  I only operate at hobby status right now ..buying for myself, gifts and the occasional sale.
*************************************
This is such a great time of year.  So pretty with all the flowering trees (The blossoms on our weeping cherry tree were magnificent a couple of weeks ago. :)and flowers on the ground.  Green grass and leaves on the trees - everything is so green and full of life.  And I love that I am already using my garden herbs.  I hope to expand the herb garden and get a bit creative with design.  I want to sand the Adirondack chairs and picnic table and stain ..or paint.  I haven't decided.  This time of year holds so much promise for what is to come for the rest of our warm weather seasons.  Oh and how could I forget?!  It's almost time to OPEN the pool!  Although it has been in the 30s at night or close to it - so cold.  Unusually cold.  Great for sleeping tho.  :)
**************************************

No comments: