Sunday, May 19, 2013

Refreshing Popsicle Recipe

 Photo: Healthy Popsicles! I'm so making these for my kiddos...if the weather ever decides to warm up! Lol
Ingredients:
3 cups watermelon puree (seedless if possible)
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
1 peach or nectarine, diced small
handful fresh cherries, pitted and chopped

Cut the watermelon into chunks and then puree it in a blender until smooth. Set aside.

Set out about 1 dozen popsicle molds (amount needed will vary depending on size of molds). Fill each one with the chopped fresh fruit. Then pour in the watermelon puree until each mold is full to the top. Place a popsicle stick into each one. Place into your freezer and freeze for about 6 to 8 hours.

When ready to serve, run the popsicle molds under warm water for a few seconds and then pull each one out.

Do these look good or what?  Healthy popsicles!  I definitely want to make these when the hot weather gets here.  I think these would be good anytime, but especially refreshing on a hot day. They also make a pretty presentation when served.  Oh ..and guilt free.  :)

I am shopping today and will definitely make sure I get the ingredients to make this recipe.  We usually have all these fruits in the house during the summer.  Peaches aren't ready yet though. ?  I'm not a fan of canned fruit, but I suppose I could get the peaches in their own juice. And maybe a little pineapple would be nice too.

It's basically fruit salad on a stick.

Great recipe for the little critters too.  :)


Ingredients:
3 cups watermelon puree (seedless if possible)
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
1 peach or nectarine, diced small
handful fresh cherries, pitted and chopped

Cut the watermelon into chunks and then puree it in a blender until smooth. Set aside.

Set out about 1 dozen popsicle molds (amount needed will vary depending on size of molds). Fill each one with the chopped fresh fruit. Then pour in the watermelon puree until each mold is full to the top. Place a popsicle stick into each one. Place into your freezer and freeze for about 6 to 8 hours.

When ready to serve, run the popsicle molds under warm water for a few seconds and then pull each one out.

3 comments:

Chrysalis said...

Those look awesome, Sea!! Now if I could find molds for them.

SeaSpray said...

HI ANGEL!!! :)

I was JUST thinking about you! (I have other times too and thinking of emailing. But I just made a cup of Keurig hazelnut cream and your name popped into my mind - wondering what you're doing now.

So ...what are you doing now?

Miss seeing you around. I hope all is well with you and FireGuy.

It's hard for me to believe but granddaughter Devan will be 12 tomorrow and Wrenna 4 on Sunday. Myles 2 1/2 already. Having a family party here Saturday. Lot's of stuff going 0n - but I'm not working yet.

What do you think of the news these days - politically speaking? and as a Christian? It's all too much and so disturbing.

I'm so glad it is getting warmer and time to plant flowers, etc. Although it was in 30s at night last week.

I am seriously considering getting a knee replacement in the fall. I don't want to but quality of life is compromised and I am too young for that. I still have same surgical risks and I am going to try really hard to lose weight this summer. I was doing well with that, but since fall have been struggling - yo-yoing with a 20lb weight gain.

I didn't get to make them today, but plan on it tomorrow so they are ready for party. Aren't they just the prettiest pops?!

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Memorial Day weekend!

SeaSpray said...

PS - I saw a neat recipe for individual pineapple upside down cakes, made from scratch. Using a muffin pan, pineapple ring and maraschino cherry on bottom (pineapple ring perfect size for lg muffin tin), top with batter and then brown sugar mixture.

Another must try recipe. :)