Saturday, May 11, 2013

The "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" Factor - It's Implied in the Vows :)



EWWWWWWWWW!

Even though I opened the windows ...I can STILL smell it!

What you ask?

Well ...I decided to boil eggs for the potato salad and deviled eggs I am bringing over to my m-i-l's tomorrow.  Then I went about other things in another room.  I thought I smelled something charring and thought it was outside because I knew the stove top was clean and nothing was anywhere near the stove.

Then it seemed stronger and from inside.  I immediately went into the kitchen at which point I met Mr SeaSpray who was wondering what was burning.  I said there can't be anything on the stove burning and then became concerned about something electrical and looked over at the fan that fan that has been on all afternoon.

But then ...I saw something on the stove burning and was perplexed because I knew it was clean.

And then I got a closer look and EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Why the "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!", you ask?

WAIT.

DOUBLE EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Okay ...it was a stupid STINK bug!!!

Flat on it's back, legs up in the air ...crackling to a crisp on the stove burner.  The only thing missing was a toothpick impaled on it rotating on a rotisserie.  Funny how the brain works ..or mine anyway.  You know ...using word association.  After the visual and rotisserie image ...Protein was the next word that came to mind.  I don't know why.  I don't eat and never want to eat bugs.  Perish the thought!

And by the way ...apparently chivalry is dead in the SeaSpray household tonight because ...unaffected by the grossness of the situation ...Mr SeaSpray didn't say anything else and just walked back into the family room.  He actually put his riveting movie ahead of rescuing this damsel in distress.  It was a betrayal of our marriage vows I tell you.  Not the vows spoken ...but the vows implied.  Universally, we women KNOW and so do the men ...that from that day forward ...husbands will jump in to rescue their wives ...or damsels if you prefer ...from all creepy, crawly, slithering, smelly, gross, critters that scurry, or are airborne sonar flying creatures, things that bite and sting as well as bears and monsters ...for the rest of their married lives.  It is not only implied in said marriage vows ...but also ...a universal law.  And we women also know that if we cry out with a shriek (I save that for the scary spiders) ...or a disgusted EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!, that signals them to go into action.  Well ...it didn't work this time. So I just went to the sink to soak a paper towel, back to the stove where I shuddered then hollered out to him, "I'm going IN!" , then forcing myself to grab it off the burner again with the EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!, at which point Mr SeaSpray did come back in to the rescue, but I already had that stinking, smoking bug cooling in the sink.  And ...oh my gosh ..it wasn't just charred it really had an odor.  I immediately opened the windows, but unfortunately the fan that was on blew the odor straight into this room.

And so now I am going to go light one of those wonderful candles I bought last month.  I'm thinking ... Beach Walk ...one of my favorites.  :)

And I'll let Mr SeaSpray get the bug out of the sink.
*************************************************
Psst!  I really can kill a bug by myself ...if I have to, but I really do shudder when going in to combat with them.  And I sometimes scream if they move because they're still alive and I really will feign abject fear so that any male in the area will rescue me from having to do it.  And sometimes I will just let them live so I don't have to deal with it ...unless they are on the bedroom ceiling ...because after all ..who could sleep knowing a spider could drop down on them at any time during the night?  THAT would evoke a blood curdling scream in the night.  Then Mr SeaSpray would probably wake up with a blood curdling scream in the night and then ..well you know ...no one would rest until we found it.

Ahhh ...younger son just put the stink bug outside for me.

All is well now. :)

No comments: