Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Absolute Worst Food and Will N-E-V-E-R Recommend the Place

 2008_06_18-HotOil.jpg

Heck ...I will WARN people not to go there!


I just had the worst Chinese dinner of my life!  UGH!  I still taste it after brushing my teeth, having coffee and also a lime with real lime and lemon pieces juice pop.  And it's been 3 hours since we had dinner.

In the previous post I mentioned it being my birthday.  But ..we aren't celebrating it until Sunday, when the entire family can be together to celebrate with me.  And I thought it would be nice to order takeout instead of cooking and just have a small cake to sing Happy Birthday over since the little ones were here all day.  Tradition and all.  :)

I don't remember the last time we had Chinese.  I think maybe in the fall and that was from a different local place.

First ...I ordered regular chicken and broccoli and chicken and broccoli with garlic sauce ...extra spicy.  I repeated my request again and she confirmed my request by repeating it back to me.  Moo Shu Pork, Vegetable Egg Fu Yung and 3 egg rolls.  The total cost was 46.00.  I ordered extra in case our other son wanted some when he came in to get the kids and so we could have some left over for tomorrow.

It was disappointing that they gave us two regular chicken and broccoli and no chicken and broccoli with garlic sauce... never mind extra spicy.  I'd never order 2 quarts of the same thing and if I knew they'd do that ...I would've preferred ordering Sweet and Sour Chicken or Sesame Chicken.  Or tried something different.  But ...okay ..mistakes happen and it's still a treat.

But when I tasted the chicken and broccoli, neither had a good flavor, but were bland ...except for an oil taste.  The Moo Shu Pork tasted better ..but could taste oil.  The vegetable Egg Fu Yung ..also bland and heavy oil taste.  The sauce was good though.

I know the dishes are made with oil, but this was like we ordered a little Chinese food with our OIL ...to go please.

The thing is ...I ended up taking the bottom Egg Fu Yung and there was oil on the bottom of the pan.  It was sitting in the oil.  I decided to just compress it with my hands and oil poured out of it.  GROSS!  then it took 4 absorbent and Bounty napkins to absorb more of the oil out of the egg mixture.  The napkins were heavy with oil.  I ate about half and just could not eat anymore.  It tasted like I was drinking a spoon of this oil straight up.  Again ...GROSS! 

I also wasn't feeling so great at this point.  Nothing could salvage this Egg Fu Yung, but maybe if I had rice with the other things it they may have tasted better... I don't know.  I usually don't have the rice... unless it has vegetables in it.

So, after they all left, I began cleaning up the leftovers.  I couldn't believe that the empty chicken and broccoli had OIL on the bottom if the carton.  Their food was swimming in oil.  My zucchini Parmesan that I bread and fry in olive oil never has this much oil.  So ..I don't know how they cooked this but I will never recommend this place and never go back.

I also called them.  I got the woman who took my order.  I was very polite and said I was disappointed with not getting what we ordered, but I understand mistakes happen.  Then I said I didn't want to offend her but I proceeded to tell her about how awful the oil was... questioning the process ..or maybe they have a different person cooking.  She said it is always the same people cooking.  I didn't tell her that most of the food was flavorless or tasting like oil.  I tried to be constructive.  If I were a in the business, I'd want to know if there was a problem ..or some are that needed improvement.

Anyway, she wanted to know if I wanted something else and I politely declined.

I will n-e-v-e-r eat anything from there again and it was a total waste of money.  Mr SeaSpray didn't like it either.  And the egg rolls were good, but half the size of what you usually get.

I was thinking if this is Chinese food with no MSG ..hold the oil and add MSG please.

Anyway ...this has completely killed my desire for any Chinese food from anywhere for quite awhile.  There is a local Thai place that I hear good things about, but I was concerned it might be too spicy for the kids.  I definitely want to order that sometime.  I do like Thai food.

Our younger son will probably eat the leftovers, but if he doesn't they are getting tossed into the garbage. We never throw the leftovers out.  It was so oily, that I wouldn't even let our dog have any of it ...not even a lick because I didn't want her to get sick.

It must be psychological at this point, but I still feel like my tongue and inner mouth is still coated with oil.  I feel nauseated just writing this post.  I'm thinking maybe a grapefruit will cut the taste. ??

And the thing is ..I did go on line to look up the number and see if there was a menu and I saw there were both good and negative comments.  And just now I went back to look and someone wrote a dirty waiting area.  YUK!

We miss Lotus, the Chinese place we went to since the 80s.  But they moved back to Hong Kong about 5 years ago.  They were the best.
***************************************
Sooooo ...for my birthday party on Sunday ...I'm thinking, tacos ...which is sort of a birthday tradition with the adult kids, Italian ...or barbecue/picnic types of food.  I'll see what I'm in the mood for on the weekend.

It's kind of funny ...now all I want is pure tasting ...healthy food ..and nothing with oil or fat. 

Bread.  What about dry wholewheat bread with nothing on it?  Would that absorb the taste?

1 comment:

Mark p.s.2 said...

Sorry you had a bad one. Thanks for the story.