Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sumer Gardens, Kids and Cake :)


Kids are here ..cake coming out of oven ..going to have aqua icing with pretty pink crystal sugar and I dyed cake aqua.  So summery.  :)  We are going out to pick yellow beans for dinner as soon as the cake cools.  These are the large flat yellow beans and wowee ...do they have some kind of good flavor!  Even raw in the garden.  :)  I also made an excellent cucumber salad with fresh cukes, onions and dill from our garden.  I love to be able to grow these things and also that we do not use any pesticides.  Oh ...about the pole beans - Wren thinks it is a Jack in the Beanstalk type of stalk growing up into the clouds.   So cute.  And both little ones just love helping with picking the vegetables. :)

*Update - I was so surprised to see how much the little ones LOVED the fresh cucumber salad.  Glad it was a hit.  :)

7 comments:

Scots little sister said...

I made my own dressing lst night and was feeling same way - no nasty chemicals! Glad to be reading your blog again!

SeaSpray said...

Welcome back! :) message me in fb - then I'll know for sure who I think you are - 99% sure tho. :)

I've been wanting to make my own dressings since we have thyme, Greek oregano, rosemary, mint and other herbs. I really need to find some recipes.

That being said, I recently decided Kraft is using the formerly Green Goddess dressing from the 70s that I loved then and now. Plus it is an emotional love food because it reminds me of happy times living with my aunt and uncle. :) Not one of the healthy ones though.

My all time favorite is a quality blue cheese dressing.

haha! So nice to have a comment in this barren land of no comments. :)

SeaSpray said...

Of course all commenters welcome. :)

Scots little sister said...

Well, ya know, ya need to keep writing....just like the old times...I keep-a-visiting!!

SeaSpray said...

Thanks! :)

Scots little sister said...

Have found you on Twitter - left a comment. Please follow me? Pllleeese:)

SeaSpray said...

I will check it later tonight. :)