Monday, January 27, 2014

Tit For Tat Morning Surprise?

ninja cat is  Expressionless

So ...at breakfast Thursday morning we were all sitting at the table about to enjoy a platter filled with scrambled eggs, maple sausage and raisin cinnamon toast.   And fresh apple cider.  Well not so fresh that we pressed the apples ourselves ...but local cider fresh from the store.  :)  We ...meaning the 2 little ones, son and myself.  We had just said a prayer of blessing over our filled plates and were all set to eat. But ..then ...like a bat ...CAT out of hell or somewhere ...said CAT came RACING into the kitchen and at lightening speed ...flew up onto the table and his right rear foot  ..with toes spread ... landed right ...smack in the middle of little Myles' eggs ...at which point I yelled, "SNEAKERS!", as he simultaneously in ONE giant leap flew back off the table ...kicked the eggs off the plate, flying low ...ears spread sideways ...to another part of the house.  Stunned we all looked at each other but no one laughed and I guess that is because I had a mini tirade about the cat ...not bad but I was annoyed after making that nice breakfast.  They were perfect eggs too.  That doesn't always happen.  After 38 years of marriage, I've found the secret to perfect bacon too.  But ...I digress.

  Now ...I think it's funny.  :)

I wonder about him sometimes.  He KNOWS he is NOT allowed on the table.  And he certainly is NOT allowed on the table with all of us sitting at the table and especially if their is food on it.  He K-N-O-W-S. 

So ...did he plot this?  I know he knew what he was doing.  He did this a few years ago when he came out of nowhere when I had just come into the room and was standing by the Christmas tree.  He watched me from the far corner and then flew out right in front of me, stopped to bat and break some low hanging Christmas balls that shattered everywhere and then shot himself like a rocket to the other end of the house.  Basically ..he was watching me, waited for just the right moment ...raced out to break balls which scared me and I screamed and then he races away.  All under 5 seconds!  That was the worst one because of all the broken glass balls under the tree that I had to clean up.  And he really scared me! He had been hiding under the chair in the far corner of the room ..just waiting to launch his stealth attack.

He also has been known to knock all my paperwork off the table as he launches himself across so fast and is back off the other end. And then always disappearing to another room.  The worst was tax receipts and papers all pushed off after I had neat piles to go through and I was fit to be tied that night because I hate doing it in the first place.

I really think he goes off laughing to himself somewhere. And how does that work with cats anyway?  Do they snicker ..or do they have an internal gut busting laughter?  Or are they too cool ...too smug for laughter and just grin ...like the Cheshire cat?  How would we know with their Botox expressionless faces for all emotions?  Or maybe once out of sight they totally loose it and laugh out loud while rolling around on the floor.  Maybe they really do ROFL?

Anyway ...fortunately I made a lot of food.  And the dog was happy get Myles cat-stepped-on eggs.

You know ... it could be cat payback.  Getting even with me for all the times I've spooked him when he walks by.  If you move fast when he doesn't expect it he will flip up in the air.  HILARIOUS!   Ha ha - the tit for tat - cat vs Pat game.  :)

No comments: