Thursday, March 20, 2014

Badger in My Mouth - Not What I Thought

Two badgers emerging from their sett in Cropton Forest at dusk.  Credit Tony Bartholomew.I've never actually had a badger in my mouth ...running around ...maybe frolicking a bit.  And I don't know why the idea of having a badger in my mouth intrigued me so much ...that I just had to buy the product.  I mean really ...WHAT person actually wants to feel like badgers are running around in their mouth?   Yet ...that was the review on line that sold me on the product and I went right out to purchase it that evening.

I couldn't wait to get it home so that I could try it so I could experience that sensation.  Unfortunately, I had to wait until said product was charged.  But ...oh boy ...the anticipation.  :)

And then ...oh the disappointment when I could finally use it.

Let me be the first to tell you .... that you do NOT want any badgers running around in your mouth. 

AU CONTRAIRE!

It was awful!  Rough! And like jackhammers were going off in my mouth! 

It certainly did not feel like what I imagined a badger running around in my mouth would feel like.  The reviewer made it sound like such fun

It was not fun. It did not feel good.  And still ...I tried it 2 more times.  I wondered if I damaged anything.  Oh no ...this product was not for me.  So I packed it back up to return to the store.  Thankfully the clerk refunded that most disappointing purchase.

So what product am I talking about?

The Oral-B electric toothbrush.

I was so happy to return to the Philips Sonicare brand ...even though it was a bit more expensive.  Tried and true - how could I switch?  Well I had no idea something could feel so awful by comparison.  And the badger concept was intriguing.

And I don't know if it was because I was not used to the round head ...or because it operated more aggressively than what I was used to.  Costco had a coupon for it ...which is why I decided to switch brands if I read good reviews.  The thing is I did read some negative reviews.

Anyway ...I wonder why the idea of badgers running around in my mouth sounded like fun to me?  What does that say about me?  I'd like to think it means I'm ready for the next adventure ...fun loving and all.  Yeah ...that's it ...adventurous and fun loving.  :)  I could understand if porpoises or those happy little playful otters ...but badgers?   I guess it was something I just had to experience.  :)
*********************************************
I do love how clean my teeth look and feel after using an electric toothbrush.  It's like having the hygienist cleaning every time ...and I highly recommend the Philips Sonicare electric toothbrush.

No comments: