Friday, March 14, 2014

My Most Embarrassing Phone Call ...In My ENTIRE Life

Does anyone want to know why I called Poison Control for myself ...mortifyingly embarrassed at what I did a couple of weeks ago ...at 3:30 in the morning?

 I was so embarrassed that I decided that if I had to go to an emergency room that I would not go to the community hospital in which I know people and would also not want this incident in  my records.  No ...instead I determined that I would either go to a community hospital in NY state or to another hospital the next county down.

Just in case I don't have the courage to write this post, suffice it to know that I now realize it is because of people like ME, that product manuals have seemingly inane warnings ...like, "DON'T stand in water while ironing with the iron plugged into the electrical outlet.", Don't use the weed whacker to trim your mustache." and "Don't gargle with Drano."

Trust me when I tell you there is a product out there that now has a reason to put a new warning on the back label along with instructions for emergency treatment if one disregards said warning.

What a way to get the Adrenalin pumping in the wee hours of the morning!

Just saying.  :)

No comments: