Friday, March 7, 2014

Not a Chance Encounter :)



I had a most interesting conversation at the hair salon yesterday.  It was amazing how we had so much in common with where she lives now and that I used to live there, the people we knew and knew well, both in the community she resides in and in the church she attends.  Yet we never met each other through these relationships.  We shared faith experiences and many other things and our general outlook on life.  She also shared how surprised she was when someone whom she hadn’t seen in years came up to her …happy to see her and told her that she had been an inspiration to him.  (She had no idea.)  Awww ...sweet.   I could see why.   I wish we had more time to talk ...but before I left ...I told her that she was an inspiration to me, in just the couple of hours that we had conversed.  I didn't share problems or anything like that ...but it was just the boost I needed to get back to doing the positive things I used to do.  She really ignited a spark in my spirit for all kinds of reasons and I have no doubt that was not a chance encounter.  :)
 

No comments: