Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bee STING? BITE? To One of My Girls! (Revised - update on this calamity at the bottom of this post ;)



First - OWWWWWWW!!!!!

Second ...okay bees don't bite.  I heard the buzz near me ...didn't see anything ...and then YIKES!  PAIN!  Usually bee stings leave a welt but I don't recall seeing blood in the center.  I'd show you a picture ...b-u-t ...

Third - I revised the title because maybe the "B" word was to bold ..not sure.

I think it flew up my loose sun dress as I was standing with my hands in the pool.  Sometimes bees build nests under the rim.  I wouldn't know this year because we've hardly used the pool due to the fall weather and COLD water.  But lately I've been waiting to turn the filter on so that the water heats up in the tank.  Hope springs eternal that we will still get at least ONE week of daily swimming in before closing the pool this year.  Yesterday I told Mr SeaSpray that he might actually get his wish to close the pool on Labor Day.  I always resist closing it so early even though I know many people do like to close it on that weekend.  Then today I told him that even if we can get one week of swimming before we close it I will look at it as a vacation and so I don't want to give up just yet.  Anyway, one of the hoses sprung a leak yesterday and so I was waiting for the hot water to empty out of the filter so that I could turn it off again.  I can't run the filter long because water shoots out of the leak.  Mr SeaSpray will be fixing that when he gets home later.

But I digress.


I felt the sting as leaned over to turn the filter switch off.

On the upside ...if it was from a bat bite ...I'm good for two years thanks to the recent boosers.

Egads ..the whole area hurts now.  This is not a good area to be stung in. It's the biggest welt I've ever seen.  Damn bee.  And now ...it's time to get the ice.  Guess I should've done that immediately.  Now the welt is the size of a half dollar.  No ...you definitely don't want to be stung in this location of the body.  Oh and I might as well add some ice to a nice tall glass of sun tea ...then find an Adirondack chair in the sun.
***************************************
Update:  The darned sting area is pink and circular ...larger than a silver dollar and ohhhh sooooo ITCHY!  But the itching is affecting areas beyond the inflammation.  It's making me crazy, but I know that scratching will just cause it to get worse.  Furthermore ...I can't exactly walk around scratching myself there.  Well ...I could ...but it certainly wouldn't look right.  I have never had this kind of swelling and itchiness from a bee sting.  So I took two Benadryl before bed but I don't think it helped.  I can't take it during the day because it causes me to want to sleep standing up ...or something like that.

I also put some 2013 poison ivy OTC medication on it and didn't stop the itching either.

Isn't this just the dumbest think?  Yesterday a friend commented that between the bats and insects the critters must like the Jafra products I wear.  :)

I haven't even told you about the Kamikaze fly and the flypaper yet.  That was last week.  :)

By the way ...anyone that could tell me how to stop this itching would be my HERO.  Just saying.  

No comments: