Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Appreciating the Good :)



I was on my way to a pharmacy a few towns away to pick up a medication for Mr SeaSpray and Amoxicillin for this wicked throat infection that I have.  Amoxicillin - YAY!  However as I entered into the next town I noticed the car battery light on.  Uh oh.  This can't be good but if I just keep the car running I should be okay.  Right?

Fortunately I decided to pull over to read the car manual recommendations.  Darn!  This isn't good.  But I only have to go about 5 more miles and then 9 back.  What could go wrong?

I REALLY wanted that Amoxicillin!

But then I imagined myself with a dead battery on the side of the road and despite the lure of the greatly desired amoxicilllin, I headed back.  But first I pulled into our new mechanic's lot and he came right out.  He tested the alternator.  We need a new alternator.  The car was only running on the battery and so I shut everything off that drains the battery and headed back home.

I did what I always do when I come home in the afternoon.  I pulled up alongside our fence to get the mail. Then after I stopped the car in the driveway I did the 2nd thing I always do ...I began looking at the mail before getting out of the car.  But after lifting a second envelope something goldish brown dropped down into my crotch area and I began to scream because I thought it was a spider and I hate and am afraid of spiders. *SHUDDER*

But then it began buzzing and I began screaming more.  Do bees hear the screaming?  I wasn't sure if it was going to go up my blouse or where it was and my instinct was to swat it away but that could also provoke it even more and I really did not want a bee sting.  Still screaming I couldn't get out of the car fast enough.  The bee followed but fortunately flew away. 

This actually worked out well.  True ...we need a new alternator and I didn't get the Amoxicillin, but at least I didn't get stung by that bee.  And even more important ...if the alternator was going to die then I am glad it was today and not on Friday when I will be driving farther away from home on much busier roads down in another county.

No comments: