Monday, May 18, 2015

Fantasizing About Antibiotics and Other Thoughts

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him. Romans 15:13


I'm not usually so negative but have felt challenged in the hope department lately.  The verse above is one of my favorites and I need to be mindful that God is bigger than any problems.  It doesn't mean people won't go through awful things.  Bad things do happen to good people.  But he does promise to be with us always.  Speaking for myself ...I always feel better about life when I focus on the promises of God and his love.  Fear is the opposite of faith.  I choose faith.  Photo credit.

I think I made a mistake in not going to the doctor today as I think I may have strep.  Or is it possible to have such a bad sore throat, swollen glands and aching ears and opting to drool at times versus swallowing and still not have strep?  I didn't feel like showering and getting my achy ears wet, but will I really feel more like it tomorrow?  And I am NOT going to the ER.  Oh well.

Anyway ...I have really been wanting to blog except that I have had this awful block with writing ...or ...I write but then keep it in drafts ...or I post and just as quickly take it back down.  I don't know what is wrong with me regarding writing ...a hobby that I have been passionate about in the past.  I am disappointed that some bloggers no longer blog.  But others still do.  And that isn't why I haven't been writing.  Just an observation.  And I miss the ones that have stopped.  Also, I know many have gravitated to fb and I am just not big on facebook.  Or twitter.  I'm a blogging purist.  I just love writing and reading what other bloggers have written.  But ...I've also been remiss in reading too.  As a matter of fact ...I've been remiss with keeping up with email too.  Again ...I don't know why.  it almost feels draining to expend the energy.  Is that depression?  Because I don't feel depressed.  I have used the "O" word a lot this past winter and spring.  Overwhelmed.

I have been watching TV although not as many news shows as I used to.  They all end up saying the same things anyway.  If I do watch ...my favorite television news shows would be The Five and Megyn Kelley on FOX.  I don't always agree with them but do think they are fair.  I'd love to hang out with the Five crew.  :)  I also want to get Dana Perino's book, "And the Good News is ...Lessons and Advice from the Bright Side."  I hear it is a number one seller and people from both parties are enjoying it.   I've heard it's a good read, positive and great book to give to a young person starting out.  Who doesn't need some good news and encouragement these days?

I don't know ...life just seems weird these days.  I wonder if anyone else feels this way?  I've had some personal reasons that caused me to feel overwhelmed but most of that is resolved now. 

I also really like Judge Jeannine's show on Saturday nights and appreciate how she tells it like it is and does not mince words.  If it weren't for her I wouldn't know about the danger that we are all in regarding an EMP attack or solar flares taking the grid down.  BTW ...if that happened (God Forbid!) we would all be catapulted back to the 1800s.  Also 90% of the population would be dead in a year.  I cannot understand why our government has not moved on fixing this problem.  It baffles the mind - seriously.  The last I knew ...the UK, Russia, Israel and I think N Korea have protected their grids.  How is it that the United States has not fixed this yet?  They say it is not expensive to fix.

Anyway ...I have been watching TV, with sitcoms being my favorite.  (Mash, Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond :)  I just want to laugh.  It's an escape.  I've also been reading a lot.  I'm currently and thoroughly enjoying reading, "Les Miserables" and am glad I decided to read it first before watching the movie.

And I am making more time to listen to music ...which at this point feels like a respite for my soul.

I guess this news junkie, SeaSpray, has been needing to escape from the reality of what is going on in this country and abroad.  It is awful beyond words.  :(  I do listen to political pod casts and talk radio.  I don't think the talking heads on TV give you all the facts ...not even FOX.  I think the masses are asleep.  Some just don't pay attention or care and assume life is the same old, same old.  It's not.  And then those that do pay attention are not getting all the information in the MSM.  I 100% believe if they knew the truth about certain things that they would be concerned.

And I am not saying these things to be political.  I think many things are beyond being partisan and should be a concern to Americans regardless of ideologies.  How can one make accurate judgements if the facts are withheld?  For example ...why aren't all the news stations ...including FOX shouting from the rooftops every day about protecting us from the grid going down?  That is a huge concern.  It is also known that the Chinese and Russians already have internal access to our  electrical grids.  I just do not understand why we are still so vulnerable when it is a relatively easy and inexpensive fix as compared to other national concerns.

Then there is the fact that this administration is allowing thousands of people to come into this country illegally and without vetting them.  Our national security is being greatly compromised by allowing this to happen.  I can't even get into this right now.

Okay ...I did write much more but will save it for another time.

I just can't believe all the bad and at times alarming news everywhere.

And I know that I am not the only one to feel great concern. 

I have really felt powerless.

If our elected leaders won't fix things what chance do we have of effecting positive change?

I've always been the eternal optimist type.  Not so much anymore when it comes to how our government is managing things.  I think corruption runs deep within both parties.  It's like what was once considered right is wrong and what was wrong is now right.  I've heard a lot of people say this even in the news.

I cannot believe all the things I keep deleting because I feel afraid to speak my own mind about some topics.  This is so not me.  But now it is.  If anyone would've told me I would feel like this in the United States I wouldn't have believed it.  And there is so MUCH that is wrong that I don't even know where to begin.  And does it matter anyway?  To quote a former Secretary of State, "What DIFFERENCE does it make?"

And while the people slept....




No comments: