Wednesday, June 3, 2015

I Screwed Up!

http://images.emedicinehealth.com/images/healthwise.1.0/medical/multum/amoxicillin-clavulanate875mg-gg.jpg

Big time!

On the evening of May 19th, I took my first dose of 875 mg/125 mg of Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium Tablets, USP ...for a most wicked sore throat.  Somewhere in the midst of taking this I missed taking 2 doses, meaning I only took one a day - twice.  And then I finished them.

Or so I thought.

Tonight, while rummaging through my top drawer in my vanity near my bed ...I discovered the antibiotic bottle had fallen in there.  Oh no!  I still have THREE left!  So of the 20 prescribed, I didn't take the last THREE!!!

I have never done this with antibiotics in my life.  Missed a dose here and there?  Sure.  But then I continue on.

However, I always FINISH the prescription!

And now I didn't!

So what does this mean?

God forbid, but will this set me up to be resistant to this med?  All antibiotics?

I feel fine now.

I feel so stupid ...and irresponsible!  But I have been really busy and apparently with me ...out of site IS out of mind.

Do I take the three?

Or would that be worse?

It would be worse.

I really am detail oriented and careful with these things.

I was resistant to urology antibiotics once.  Nothing was working ...but that was years ago and I didn't skip anything and they have worked on me since then.

BTW, what is Clavulanate Potassium?

Anyway ...I vented and am believing for the best.

No comments: