Wednesday, January 6, 2016

:( :( :( So Much For Perfect World ...

The Perfectionist's Guide to Results (Lo)


Oh ...I can so relate to this.   It is very hard for me to do "Good enough" and I can probably thank my Aunt Janet for that.   Most of the time it is a good thing ...to not settle for "Good enough", but not always.

I am so very disappointed because I think I disappointed my favorite medical office people because I called in the late morning, today, to tell them I was bringing goodies in later, that I was baking as I spoke, but then I didn't because I had some interruptions I had to attend to in the afternoon. Obviously, it wasn't all doable in the time I had to do it in.   The cake was time consuming too.  I just couldn't get it all done along with other things.  I didn't come in until after 10 last night and so baking was out.  So I did everything today.  Well I got the pumpkin cookie batter done but cookies not baked.  I will do them later tonight.  I just wanted it to be special ...like they are and as I've often said ...I shall be eternally grateful to my doctor.  That is the main reason I do it and to bring joy with appreciation for all of them.

And Wednesday is my doctor's shorter day but he was there longer today.  And I have something to give him as a little gift - not expensive at all, but I know he will see why it is special and will appreciate the sentiment.  Now ...I won't see him until JULY.  :(

I am bummed with a capital "B."


Anyway, tomorrow is their surgery day and so I think the doctors are in and out and so will be able to have it all tomorrow if they have time.  The staff will have a lot of treats.  I hope they keep the cake refrigerated since it has a cream cheese icing.  (Cinnamon cream cheese icing - sooo good:)

 I have to get blood work for myself and so I will just stop at their office first between 12 and 12:30.  This way they can have it with lunch.  I will have my little grandson with me and so he can be my little helper.  :)

Tomorrow will be a better day.

And now ...I will go warm the car up and go to Costco.  Costco always helps me feel better.  I should just go to church.  I always feel good in church.  But I need to return some things and get other things, especially since I just found out I am babysitting tomorrow.  Plus I am making homemade pea soup using the New Year's day left over ham.  I am hoping Costco still had this delicious Parmesan garlic bread they had before Christmas.  So crusty and flavorful.  My granddaughter thought I was baking bread and it was just the aroma of the bread, still wrapped sitting in the bread basket.  The BEST garlic bread ever and will be perfect with the pea soup tomorrow night.

I am a perfectionist ...mostly with myself ...but I am.

Just get OVER it SeaSpray - things happen.

LIFE happens.

But then ...   Big *SIGH* ...and that's all I have to say about that.


No comments: