Saturday, August 27, 2016

Giggled Myself to Sleep :)

Last night, little 7 yr old W. stayed overnight for some Mum mum and W time.  In the wee hours of the morning I heard her fall out of bed.  She is a very restless sleeper, with her legs often kicking and it is not uncommon for her to fall onto the floor, especially if she is sleeping on the sofa.  And it is next to impossible to keep blankets on her.

Ha!  I let her sleep with me one night when she was 3 and through out the night she would seem to be running in her sleep ...on my side and I had to keep straightening her out.  Needless to say I did not sleep much that night.  :)

Anyway, I heard her get back into bed.  I turned the computer off and went to check on her.  I was still acclimating from bright computer screen to very low light where she was sleeping. I lovingly placed the small, soft light blanket on her and then because the fan was on, I also added the Dalmatian blanket over the 1st one.

I wanted to gently stroke her face but it must've tickled her because she got a little fussy.  So I decided to pat her head ...except instead, my hand landed on a satin material.  Momentarily perplexed, I felt her again and realized that when she got back into bed she put her feet and her backside onto her pillow.

So then ...I not only lovingly covered her face with one blanket, but two blankets.  Oh no!  So I pulled them back off and got her head back onto the pillow, recovered her and then gently caressed her little face, followed with a kiss to her head.

But then I couldn't leave the room fast enough because I was going to laugh out loud.

Talk about smothering a child with love!

I woke Mr SeaSpray up just so I could tell him.  He didn't seem to appreciate that so much.  He mumbled something about being tired.  Go figure.  :)

THANKFULLY I didn't leave her with two blankets completely covering her face and then some.

Obviously she was alright, thus I couldn't help intermittently giggling about it, with heaving shoulders,  until I fell asleep.   Okay ...just the image of me carefully covering her face and all, while gently tucking the blankets over what I thought were her shoulders and just below her face.  :) :) :)

No comments: