Friday, August 12, 2016

OOPS! and Other Thoughts

 For a change I got totally engrossed in actually writing a blog post  ...so much so, that I totally forgot to remove my green commando looking "beauty" mud mask from my face.  It should only be on for about 10 - 15 minutes.  Egads!  I really hope that I don't wake up looking like one big zit for a face.  A-n-d ...after 2 hours of writing ...I once again have changed my mind about posting any of it.  What is wrong with me that I am not following through with posting anything I write?

I think one problem is that I feel guilty or something, for writing about my stuff when so many serious things are going on in the world.  The news is just awful for so many reasons - seemingly everywhere.  I guess I feel that anything I write is superficial by comparison.  And I don't think anyone is interested in anything I have to write about anyway.  And also ...I begin my day with a cup of coffee and reading the Drudge Report.  But when I began blogging, I used to go right to blogging.  But now I read drudge and then I listen to streaming political radio and or podcasts from alternate news sources because you get so much more info vs TV news, for the most part, anyway.  And I feel like the the news, with so much disturbing information, just sucks the joie de vivre right out of me.  Hence ...goodbye creativity.  Hello seemingly permanent, distracting undercurrent of anxiety over things I have no control over.  Well ...something like that, anyway.

But maybe I am overthinking this.  Maybe I shouldn't care what others think.  I used to say that I was writing for myself and I was. But I also very much enjoyed the camaraderie with some nice fellow bloggers.  It really helped me through some tough times.  Writing was not only fun but also cathartic.  And I have always felt compelled to write something ...on napkins, in notebooks or sheets of paper.  I've heard it said that if you think about writing then you are a writer.  Now I don't know if that is true but it has always been a passion within me.  And it would come out in different ways over the years.  But when I discovered blogging ... well I just thought it was the best hobby ever.  :)

No comments: